PDA

View Full Version : Black Widow

Cuda
07-31-2005, 10:50 AM
While I was sitting here waiting for my battery to charge, I was doing one of my favorite past times, looking at boats. I ran across this Black Widow. I think it's a gorgeous boat, and looks great. Most of the BW's I've seen were red. Black for a BW makes sense. :) Looks like a good buy too. I don't know if this belongs to a board member or not.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-6405.html

joseph m. hahnl
07-31-2005, 02:01 PM
While I was sitting here waiting for my battery to charge, I was doing one of my favorite past times, looking at boats. I ran across this Black Widow. I think it's a gorgeous boat, and looks great. Most of the BW's I've seen were red. Black for a BW makes sense. :) Looks like a good buy too. I don't know if this belongs to a board member or not.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-6405.html

that is a beutiful widow. i've only seen them in red also> theres a 24 at the local boat store all fadded and rotting away. i perticularly don't find the 24 to look that great> but the 30'ers are gorgeous. my understanding is the donzi's made by OMC are less desirable. do you think that boat was painted black or they actually came black? any way any one would be proud to own that boat>

joe

Cuda
07-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Fishboy or Budman might be able to answer the question of if they came from the factory in black.

Donzigo
07-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Cuda.............yes, they came in black

mphatc
07-31-2005, 07:46 PM
This boat was on Ebay a while back, the description as best I recall included comments on some gelcoat stress cracks . .

It's a cool boat but where was it run prior to Kansas???

Mario

mattyboy
07-31-2005, 09:07 PM
seen em in black , red , yellow, and teal
black is cool

gold-n-rod
07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
seen em in black , red , yellow, and teal
black is cool

No, black is HOT!!! :shocking:

I can't imagine a black boat being very practical. Sizzle, sizzle, sizzle goes the skin of the pretty lady as she sits her bikini-clad bottom on the deck of the Black Widow. :smash: Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

BUIZILLA
07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
uhhhhh, the deck on the boat in question is WHITE... :cool!:

gold-n-rod
07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
uhhhhh, the deck on the boat in question is WHITE... :cool!:
Thank god for that. I'm on dialup tonite and wouldn't wait for the pics to load. I saw an all-black Crownline once...... including decks. Duh-oh!

mattyboy
08-01-2005, 09:32 PM
once you go black you never go back :cool: :biggrin:

FISHIN SUCKS
08-02-2005, 01:43 AM
I remember seeing it on ebay, boat was in Texas prior to KS if I remember correctly. His original deal was he would offer to fix the crack in one of the corners in the stern (little bit of dock tag). Saw a yellow 30' Widow in Riverside, CA 4 months ago for 35k.

Dalelama
08-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Looks alot like a MINX?

Dr. Dan
08-02-2005, 04:47 PM
that is a beutiful widow. i've only seen them in red also> theres a 24 at the local boat store all fadded and rotting away. i perticularly don't find the 24 to look that great> but the 30'ers are gorgeous. my understanding is the donzi's made by OMC are less desirable. do you think that boat was painted black or they actually came black? any way any one would be proud to own that boat>

joe

:spongebob Yes I would shy away from those horrible OMC years...absolutely, good god...who names a Drive after a Venomous Snake Anyway?

Anonymous :beer:

gold-n-rod
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
:spongebob Yes I would shy away from those horrible OMC years...absolutely, good god...who names a Drive after a Venomous Snake Anyway?

Anonymous :beer:

Yikes..... drive named after a venomous snake on a boat named after a venomous spider!!!!!!!!!!! [shudder] Damn good thing the Scorpion package wasn't offered on that boat. You could die just opening the envelope containing the brochure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wavey:

FISHIN SUCKS
08-02-2005, 09:03 PM
WHOAAAA!!!!! Easy you guys! You're gonna kill my resale value if you go talkin' trash like that! Some people actually kind of like this thing!

Dr. Dan
08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
:spongebob I am being Sarcastic Fish Breath...mine is a King Cobra...just mated to the Blue Pill...

No Worries...I like Snakes, and Spiders and ... :beer:

Anonymous

FISHIN SUCKS
08-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey Doc, nobody ever said I was a hundred percent. Takes a little while for me to catch on to this stuff. The sad part is I've had others tell me what they think about the OMC/Donzi days......Makes you feel unworthy....kind of like I should take off my Donzi labels/hardware and throw Baja or Bayliner on her. I make a stand though, I won't share my beer with them.

joel3078
08-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I love my black widow also! Get lots of looks from people on the lake. Kind of reminds me of the old Saturday Nite Live skit when they look at my boat......What the hell is that?

Nothing wrong with the omc and king cobra package. Works great and is very strong. Mine is a 1993 and the outdrive is actually an early version of the Volvo SX drive. There are a ton of SX drives on brand new big cruiser boats now. It's my understanding that the OMC king cobra drive is good for about 600HP. Now that's a tough drive.

cneidhart
08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Wait Guys,

That boat has AZ numbers. I saw that boat in Tucson Az. It was for sale real cheap, like 12K. It was really rough.:bawling: One drive out, it was really rough. The whole hull had stress cracks and checking. I still have pictures in another computer. If anyone is interested I'll check the AZ numbers on my pictures. If I remember a college guy owned it and used it in Havasu.