PDA

View Full Version : Stern Lift ?

Sam
07-31-2005, 06:32 AM
I hear a lot of talk about stern lift and "I think" I know what it feels like good and bad but how can I be sure what I am experiencing is stern lift. I just sent my Hydromotive OT out to have it re-pitched (up one inch) based on some recent testing. Julie at Throttle Up asked me if I had any other issues that needed attention, other than some chine walking I don't think so. So my question is what has been your experience with stern lift and how would you discribe it's effects on your boat.

Thanks
Sam

mattyboy
07-31-2005, 07:48 AM
Sam, not an expert on this stuff but this is what I know
I had a 14 1/2 X21 SS spinelli on my 16 that gave the boat to much stern lift
it was a great prop for skiing but at wot I could feel the ass end start to rise and get loose and the boat ran very flat bow low one time at band camp I came very close to spinning out in a slight turn my first year with the boat the bow dug in and the ass end broke loose I caught it some how before I did a 180, now i have a different prop that carries the whole boat, that's the way it feels it like the whole boat is being lifted with a slight rise in the bow
don't know nothing about them black drives, or their props but on a 16 i don't think you need to much stern lift

Sam
07-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Thanks Matty, I had a simalar experience a few weeks ago.............oh well another pair of underwear shot :jestera:. I like your analogy about lifting the whole boat.

Sam