PDA

View Full Version : Mars and Venus compliment.....

gold-n-rod
07-29-2005, 09:54 PM
I am continuing my streak..... every time I gas up, someone wants to chat about or compliment the Donzi.

So, tonite, I am filling up at the corner station and a woman about 50-something is fueling her truck. She asks, "What kind of boat is that? Is it a racing boat?"

I told her it was a Donzi and it was for fun, not for racing. She replied, "It sure is pretty."

Now, if a guy said that, it would be a real compliment..... much like you'd compliment a pretty girl. But, coming from a woman, doesn't that smack of pretty like a dress or a nail polish color or a perfume? I never hear pretty used to describe a Corvette, a firearm or a pocket knife. I have used pretty to describe some vehicles, but that's not usually the first term that comes to mind.

I'm not trying to be sexist, it just doesn't seem like the same compliment coming from a female.

Am I wrong?

TuxedoPk
07-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Randy-

I was afraid that this sort of thing might happen. It appears that you were exposed to the Baby Shower Thread for too long. The side affects are starting to think about these sorts of things- something guys wouldn't do as it doesn't involve violence, sports, or breasts.

Might I suggest spitting, adjusting your boys, and finding some small child you can delight by letting them "pull your finger" :beer:

boxy
07-30-2005, 07:57 AM
Randy, I think the real problem is the kind woman, who complimented your boat in her own kind way, has awoken a hidden flowery feeling deep inside you, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just accept the fact that your life is now going to revolve around accent pillows, and matching dust ruffles..... :D :D

Or you're perfectly fine, and so is she, and she was just paying you the highest compliment she knew how to... :D :D

TuxedoPk
07-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Steve, I think you're on the money about it being the highest form of praise she knew how to give, but...

just in case, I think we should give Biltrite a heads up that there might be another request for throw pillows in a Donzi..... :beer:

txtaz
07-30-2005, 09:52 AM
OMG, What is with all the flowerery stuff going around? Is this National Womans Appreciation weekend and no one told me? :shocking:
Quick, I need to go change the oil in something or just walk around with a wrench grabbing my uhmmmsss. Ahem, Spit.... :smash: "HONEY, bring me a beer"
Taz

txtaz
07-30-2005, 09:54 AM
just in case, I think we should give Biltrite a heads up that there might be another request for throw pillows in a Donzi..... :beer:
Tux, That is just wrong....

mattyboy
07-31-2005, 09:05 AM
I think you're thinking about your boat too much and you missed the cry of a desprite house wife looking for a lil excitement in her otherwise dull and boring existence :tongue:
yes the baby shower thread has been a bad influence on many here, but it seems to have very strong batteries it keeps running and running

:)

Cuda
07-31-2005, 09:10 AM
Matty might be on to something here. Did she also say how strong and virile you look? ;)

gold-n-rod
07-31-2005, 10:45 AM
As a followup, this am, the spousal unit and I were dropping the boat in for a morning quickie (boat ride, that is) and she sais, "This really is a pretty boat."

Being the scientist that I am, I inquired further. She finally did admit that "pretty" is not the first thought she had. She also said, "sleek" and "sexy."

Guess you are right, Matty, I should have not only ravished the lonely housewife right there at the gas pumps, but I should have had my wife right on the boat ramp.

What was I thinking?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! :biggrin.:

Cuda
07-31-2005, 10:57 AM
If you did the job correctly, you could have gotten the lonely housewife to pay for the fuel with her husband's credit card. :wink: