PDA

View Full Version : What tow rope!

MOP
07-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Well ended up on the wrong end of a tow rope two times at 1K even though the boat was running great, had the clevis pin come out of the steering thankfully at low speed, found the washer and cotter pin which was in two pieces in the bilge. Tony with his beautiful red 16 towed me to the dock where I could work on it out of the waves, thinking of replacing the pin with a grade 8 bolt and lock nut. Next tow was gas! I did find out the hard way that economy is real good, I ran out of gas at 103 miles on GPS and used exactly 36 gallons which puts it just short of 3 miles to the gallon that part pleased me. Need to extend my pick up tube a tad don't want 4 gallons unusable will measure depth an try for 2.
A little more on the Beast, I finally got to give the 22 wheels a good test up at 1K. I ran them for the whole event, they worked pretty decent even planed off decent with 5 people not using the tabs. Cruise was 37 @ 3500 topped out a 59, top is down from where the Alpha ran. After the event and with more time on my hands I decided to try a little mix & match. Jim had put me onto the idea of using two different pitched props like the real BH's do, so I pulled the back 22 off and put a 24 on with better results. The cruise went up to 40.9 at 3500 darn near 4 miles and planning time with a load of people stayed the same but top stayed about the same, boat goes to flat near 4000. The last tank of gas at 1K was bad, caused run on not sure what else ran most all of that out when I got home refilled with high test so I can do a little more testing. I got a real good look at Steve's props on his 18, the front prop has some serious rake so I am going to try a set of 27 BH wheels to see what that does. Still hoping to get this Experiment sorted out, it still may be Bravo time!

10 Days up in the St. Lawrence was as usual fantastic, managed a little over 400 miles of running on the 22, was super making new friends and renewing old friendships. Sure got hazy most evenings must have been the aperitifs.
As to my heat of the moment skinny dipping in the St. Lawrence it was more than worth it in the crystal clear cool water!

Phil

txtaz
07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
As to my heat of the moment skinny dipping in the St. Lawrence it was more than worth it in the crystal clear cool water!

Phil
OMG, TMI Phil...TMI...Now I have that mental image in my head. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Wes

boxy
07-29-2005, 10:42 AM
OMG, TMI Phil...TMI...Now I have that mental image in my head. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Wes

I wish it was only a mental image ..... :D :D

We couldn't figure out why Phil and Bonnie drifted so far from the group while everyone was swimming in the main channel in front of Brockville ..... :wink: :wink:

MOP
07-29-2005, 03:18 PM
I may be 65 but still have a few Wild Hairs! Never to old to party or raise hell!

onesubdrvr
07-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I may be 65 but still have a few Wild Hairs! Never to old to party or raise hell!

Atta boy Phil!! :wink:

Glad to see that the numbers are getting better and better, glad to hear the boat ran good, and most important, glad I didn't see 'ya skinny dippin'!!:wink:

Wayne

gcarter
07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
I too am glad this is all virtual. ;) :eek: