PDA

View Full Version : '90 GT230 tech questions-cobra 5.8 (351w)

cobra
07-29-2005, 02:09 AM
How much power can this drive safely take assuming I don't hole-shot it or otherwise abuse it? I believe I have the short drive I've read about here if that makes a difference. How can I identify the "short drive" from standard?

How much abuse will this hull take. I cringe everytime it slams down after a "flight test". I'm not gonna try & claim 6+feet of air as some do,maybe 1-2', just enough to get weightless & scatter my fishing gear and passengers about the deck. Sometimes it comes down soft & smooth:smile: other times I wonder if I'm gonna be swimming back. What's the realistic chance of breaking or even scattering this thing on a hard landing?

Anyone know what this thing weighs? While were at it, any clue what a galvanized tandem EZ loader might weigh?

I got this boat missing the water tank & pump. The wiring and hose is in the port compartment in the cabin, does it take a special tank or did they use a bag type?

Thanks for any help on this. Also if anyone has any good, bad, or otherwise noteworthy info about this boat please share, I'll take any info I can use.

esbcapri
07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
HI, I unfortunatly don't have the answers you need, but I share your questions. I just bought the same boat and am missing the resivior for the sink as well. I can't find anything on it yet, If you find out could you let me know and I'll do the same. Thanks