PDA

View Full Version : What does a baby shower have to do with boating?

florida gator
07-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Alot when someone plans a coed baby shower and your wife commits you to going when you had started getting ready to go to Silver Glenn with some other forum members. I may still try to make it out. It may have to be sunday though for me.

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Alot when someone plans a coed baby shower and your wife commits you to going when you had started getting ready to go to Silver Glenn with some other forum members. I may still try to make it out. It may have to be sunday though for me.

OK this is where you MAN UP and tell her that your going to the Glen on Sat. And what the hell is up with co-ed babyshower. Whomever planned that outghta be shot! :yes: they aren't co-ed!!!!!!! C'mon, your registry manhood is riding on it. I think your wife needs to concede this one to you.

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm with Chrome on this one! WTF is a co-ed baby shower? And why would ANYONE plan such a thing? That irritates me just thinking about it!!!

I think no one should show up at all just to teach them a lesson! :biggrin:

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Working as a team and compromising are one thing, but if you go to that it's nothing short of full blown whipped :bonk:

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Working as a team and compromising are one thing, but if you go to that it's nothing short of full blown whipped :bonk:

Now that is funny as chit! LMFAO! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

florida gator
07-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I normally agree with all of you. In this case, one of my best friends is the one hosting it for his brother. I kina feel obligated.

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I normally agree with all of you. In this case, one of my best friends is the one hosting it for his brother. I kina feel obligated.

Then your best friend's brother needs to be slapped for agreeing to have such an unheard of event. :uzi:

And if he's your best friend then he will totally understand why you're ditching this thing!!! :D

David Ochs
07-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Gator, You need to delete this thread, like right now. This is embarassing!!!

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Why are the men involved again? Don't sisters throw them for sisters....or moms throw for daughters?

All the joking aside, only you know what ya gotta do. there will be other times and i hope to see you at another gathering. Scott

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Can anyone say INTERVENTION?

Going to that shower puts you only one step away from being the guy sitting in the middle of the shopping mall holding the bags wondering where his life went wrong.

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Can anyone say INTERVENTION?

Going to that shower puts you only one step away from being the guy sitting in the middle of the shopping mall holding the bags wondering where his life went wrong.

LMAO - Now that is funny.

I agree, you had better delete this thread or you may never hear the end of it! :D

goatee
07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
why dont you just go pick out drapes with her or something?
"a nice little sat. were going to home depot. maybe bed bath and beyond,, i dont know,, i dont know if there will be time".

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know WTF your talking about?????? Just because i did a cost to benefit analysis on the trip and decided not to go..... don't throw me under the bus.... :garfield:

jg480
07-28-2005, 04:26 PM
It's better to ask for forgiveness then for permission!:beer:

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
A few more posts like this and we'll need to have a Donzi Girly Man section :puke:

BUIZILLA
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
cost to benefit analysis on the trip :garfield:your cost to benefit was purely NO PU$$Y for a week... no one does without that, that's the real reason you found your vacuum cleaner... :embarasse .

anonymous

btw FG, are you required to wear a kilt or skirt for your duo appearance?? :stan: :cartman:

florida gator
07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Good lord, show some mercy. I'm sure there will be some atv riding and whiskey drinking.

I can still go to the Glenn Sunday if I want.

Cuda
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Damn, please change you screen name. It's embarrassing to us Gator Fans. Can't you change is to Miami Hurricane or something sissy like that?

Cuda
07-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Just for the record, I wouldn't go if I had absolutely nothing to do, even if they had free pu$$y and beer, let alone interfere with my boating.

Cuda
07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I can still go to the Glenn Sunday if I want.

Are you sure? She may want you to take her shoe shopping or something important like that.

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
It's better to ask for forgiveness then for permission!:beer:

I think that's "It's better to BEG for forgiveness than ask for permission!" :yes: But I agree, it's still better!!! :D

Co-ed baby shower? WTF? Hold on while I :puke:

Cuda
07-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I just asked Debbie if she could imagine telling me I'm going to a baby shower. She just busted out laughing!

I'd rather set my foot on fire and have it stomped out by golf cleats (the old style).

Donzi Kat
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
I sorry but Gator I agree with the guys on this one. Grow a set and tell her that you aren't going....... Then run like hell in case she starts swinging..:bonk: :bonk:

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 07:02 PM
FG, I want to thank you for one of the more entertaining threads lately.

Oh, and Buizilla, I see you speak my code. :biggrin.: Anyway you and MP are still#1 in my book see....

........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...') <--------- Number 1
.........\.................\/..../
..........'\'...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

BUIZILLA
07-28-2005, 07:17 PM
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...') <--------- Number 1
.........\.................\/..../
..........'\'...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\Is that how many friends you had before your dog left you... :cistineb:

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
I have have 2 dogs tyvm! :biggrin:

mattyboy
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
A BABY SHOWER POST IN THE PERFORMANCE SECTION!!!!!!!
EVERYONE WHO POSTED IN THIS THREAD SHOULD BE PLACED ON DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION!!!! AND THIS THREAD SHOULD BE POOFED AND ALL IN IT INCLUDING MYSELF SHOULD BE BOUNCED FOR 30 DAYS :p :eek:
check in on all the other boards normal stuff, let's go to where the action is and the real boaters hang the Donzi Boards and what is up top A BABY SHOWER!!!!! :rolleyes: and i thought the tips on cleaning tiles in the shower was just a fluke, but no does anyone have tips on hanging curtains, or how to keep those potted plants green and healthy

PLEASE I AM BEGGING YA GIVE ME A PEARSON DIATRIBE ON A CAN OF TUNA LOADED WITH CRAP AND A PINK FLAMINGO, AND MAKE THIS ALL GO AWAY

CYA IN 30 DAYS

;) :tongue:

florida gator
07-28-2005, 07:31 PM
For what it's worth it's not my wife who I'm getting pressure from. Not many people are going (imagine that) so we feel kind of obligatewd to our friends. I have known this guy since middle school. He has been there for me many times that I have needed him. When I flipped his 4 wheeler he took me to the hospital and never asked for anything for the damages. If I need to use a tool he doesn't already own he'll go buy it, let me use it, then hang it on a shelf and never look at it again.

I have started the conversation with the wife and I can skip out from her standpoint. She doesn't ever really expect much from me anyway. Most of my vacation time is spent going out of town with the guys on long weekends partying.

BTW did I mention there would be whiskey?

Has this explanation redeemed my manhood at all?

Cuda
07-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Has this explanation redeemed my manhood at all?
No..

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Absolutely not! But I'm glad to hear you have an understanding wife! :D

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Ok, for clarification is this your friend's shower or you friend's brother's shower?

joseph m. hahnl
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Send the wife. take your buddy with you. problem solved. if any one asked what happened to you . say you got a flat tire on the way to the store for more beer.
and the gas station was out of air.:boat:

joe

BUIZILLA
07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
just tell them you had to put special summer air in your tires, and you have to go to Arizona to do it right..

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Joe on this, NO.

If this guy has really been a friend then you should be rescuing him from HIS having to attend this baby shower, not supporting him in this gay event. Take him boating with you, go have a few beers, go bowling. Watching a Judy Garland musical would be less gay than going to this event together.

The most time he should be present at the event is to help load the gifts into the car at the end.

It's magical moments like these that make me wonder if we were all wrong and Holla was right? :jestera:

florida gator
07-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Ok, for clarification is this your friend's shower or you friend's brother's shower?

A shower he and his wife are hosting for his brother.

BUIZILLA
07-28-2005, 08:03 PM
A shower he and his wife are hosting for his brother.OMG, the guy is pregnant

gold-n-rod
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
A shower he and his wife are hosting for his brother.

This is getting worse by the hour. [shaking head]

[/shaking head]

:smileybo:

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow this thread is 3 pages already. Keep it up Gator and you will beat the song thread. You might as well just get in the hole you dug here. That will teach you to put a subject like this in here....LMAO!!!!!!

Frank

florida gator
07-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Cuda, what time are you pulling out Saturday?

Is everyone going Saturday or some on Sunday?

Cuda
07-28-2005, 08:11 PM
OMG, the guy is pregnant
I think there's some things going on here that I'm not old enough to be privy too. :eek:

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Joe on this, NO.

If this guy has really been a friend then you should be rescuing him from HIS having to attend this baby shower, not supporting him in this gay event. Take him boating with you, go have a few beers, go bowling. Watching a Judy Garland musical would be less gay than going to this event together.

The most time he should be present at the event is to help load the gifts into the car at the end.

It's magical moments like these that make me wonder if we were all wrong and Holla was right? :jestera:

Tux is quickly becoming the funniest mofo i have ever met! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Sorry just all day Saturday. the going up to Palatka for Pizza. you still need to go, but if you don't I'm always down for going again.

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry, can't help myself.....

Post #6 -------> http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=335029#post335029

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Gator....quick question? What is the next thing your best friend is going to ask you to do? Wait....maybe you shouldn't answer that.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Frank

florida gator
07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
You know, I have often held back on bashing someone here since I really haven't met any of you face to face. Apparently we are all good enough friends that there will be no holding back in the future.

I am really being shamed into this Silver Glenn thing huh.

I am a little proud that I started a thread that has gone into 4 pages of replies in a matter of hours.

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Frank- In my opinion it wouldn't be nearly as gay as going to this, not to mention it would be over a lot quicker :)

Let's start the intervention. Just so we have an idea of how bad a situation we are are dealing with, do you have more pillows on your bed than times you've had sex in the last two weeks? (And no, menage a unos don't count)

florida gator
07-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Frank- In my opinion it wouldn't be nearly as gay as going to this, not to mention it would be over a lot quicker :)

Let's start the intervention. Just so we have an idea of how bad a situation we are are dealing with, do you have more pillows on your bed than times you've had sex in the last two weeks? (And no, menage a unos don't count)

Oh god, I really don't want to answer that.

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Maybe it's just the way I am but did you tell your friend how ridiculous this is? I would in a heartbeat. I think all the guys, including your friend and his brother, need to take a stand and not show up for this god-awful event. Nip this in the bud before it spreads!!! Take them boating with you instead. Then the girls can have a NORMAL friggen baby shower with gifts and giggling and games and cake and chit!

GO BOATING MAN AND SAVE YOUR FRIENDS!!! :D

onesubdrvr
07-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe it's just the way I am but did you tell your friend how ridiculous this is? I would in a heartbeat. I think all the guys, including your friend and his brother, need to take a stand and not show up for this god-awful event. Nip this in the bud before it spreads!!! Take them boating with you instead. Then the girls can have a NORMAL friggen baby shower with gifts and giggling and games and cake and chit!

GO BOATING MAN AND SAVE YOUR FRIENDS!!! :D
I agree,

Get ALL the guys out of there quick!!

but just curious, how do YOU know what goes on at these things anyways??? :boggled: :D

King of low boat time due to family obligations, but not baby showers!
Wayne

blackhawk
07-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I agree,

Get ALL the guys out of there quick!!

but just curious, how do YOU know what goes on at these things anyways??? :boggled: :D

King of low boat time due to family obligations, but not baby showers!
Wayne

As I was typing I was thinking someone would call me on that!!! :D

Cause my girlfriend came back from one and told me how friggen boring it was and why!!! ;)

Cuda
07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Gator....quick question? What is the next thing your best friend is going to ask you to do? Wait....maybe you shouldn't answer that.....ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Frank
Bum, it looks like there will be an empty parking spot at the ramp in Deland. Why don't you bring your boat to fill it? :)

Assuming you don't have a baby shower to go to. :shades:

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 09:18 PM
FG....I am just joking/kidding with ya. Please don't take anything I say to heart. It is just all in good fun. It's been a boring day.

Frank

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Frank are you gonna go Sat?

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Guys...I would love to go and I promise I plan on joining on some gatherings. I have yet to get the exhaust manifolds yet and I have been waiting for a long time for them too. It figures as soon as I get a 460 OMC Ford engine don't you know they would go out of business. I have been told they should be available the end of this month but I have heard that before. I have to replace the manifolds and the elbows. They are so rusted up that there is no water coming out of the exhaust. So I haven't even had a chance to take it out since I bought it but I got a good deal on it from a good friend so I can't complain to much. But I am going crazy waiting on these parts. Please don't forget to invite me again i definately want a rain check. Thanks again for the invite I really appreciate it.

Frank

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey I just thought of something.....Do you think FG would let me borrow his boat since he isn't going to need it Saturday.....LMAO.....!!!!!!!

Just joking FG....Really just havin' fun.

Frank :lookaroun

Cuda
07-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Hey I just thought of something.....Do you think FG would let me borrow his boat since he isn't going to need it Saturday.....LMAO.....!!!!!!!

He can probably lend you his jockstrap too, since he apparently doesn't have a need for one. :cistineb: :eek:

:)

florida gator
07-29-2005, 06:46 PM

Come and get it. The jock will be hanging fom the trailer when you get here. Again, this is not for the wife, she could care less. In fact we pretty much agreed that we would go this morninf before I left for work. Before she could call my budies wife, she had a voice mail about how glad she is we would be coming since hardly nobody else was. His brother doesn't have a hole lot of friends.

I do take all of these comments lightly :p . I hope to hang out with many of you soon :beer: but, this is one friend who has had my back big time and always will.

I could walk into a biker bar and nail the biggest guy in there and he would have my back (and he's not a badass, it would just make great stories).

I am going to this thing out of sympathy for he and his wife for doing it. I will boat with you guys sometime soon.

Keep the jabs coming (even the ones on other threads, I have seen them) I'm a big boy, I'll get over it.

If anyone wants to go Sunday let me know. Otherwise, I will stay local and go on my Donzi!!

Cuda
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
If the weather tomorrow is anything like it was this evening, it may be Sunday.

florida gator
07-30-2005, 07:50 AM
If the weather tomorrow is anything like it was this evening, it may be Sunday.

Let me know, I may be in for that. I'l try to leave the skirt at home :smash: .

boxy
07-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Let me know, I may be in for that. I'l try to leave the skirt at home :smash: .

:eek: I don't think the SEADOG's want to see you naked........

Oh wait you mean you are going to leave your wife behind, not your actual skirt....... :cool:

After re-reading all 5 pages I realize I made a mistake, you DO mean your own skirt ......:D :D

Just having some fun, we've all got friends who we'd go through walls for, and we know they'd do the same for us.......

Take comfort in knowing that our boating season has 2 months left.

txtaz
07-30-2005, 10:13 AM
OMG, What a funny thread....Man I need a swig of oil or something after reading this...
TUX????? What happened dude, you went to buy a sailboat and ended up with a funny bone. Hope it was a good buy...
Wes

txtaz
07-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Boxy,

You sure you want to open up the naked men in the water discussion?? :D :boggled: :eek: :bonk:
Damn, Poodle....You just brought the MOP image back....

florida gator
07-30-2005, 08:53 PM
We took the ATV's out. Other than having to watch the presents be open it wasn't sooo bad. We pretty ate good, drank good, pushed to the gift opening and then hauled a$$. I'll be on the boat tommorow.

florida gator
07-30-2005, 08:54 PM
BTW, thanks for all the support folks ;) !!!

BUIZILLA
07-30-2005, 09:11 PM
We pretty ate good i'm sure you did.... :garfield:

Cuda
07-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Gator, I had to miss the Glen today due to a snafu at work. I think I'm going to hit the Harris Chain tomorrow instead of the Glen.

Dalelama
07-31-2005, 09:15 AM
The key word here is :uzi: GATOR!!! :smash:

Any self-respecting MAIMI HURRICANE fan would never submit to such humiliation.........

Do the math......

5 Football & 4 Baseball National Championships in the past 22 years

Anyone with a problem with this needs to show up at the Orange Bowl.. You bring your team, I'll bring mine! And yes... It's part MY team... I pay quite a bit to put 'em on the field!

mattyboy
07-31-2005, 09:46 AM
so what was the menu and what lovely gifts did the expectant parents get, did they have those candy coated nutz in the lil silk sack has centerpieces :)
I hear those baby monitors are big nowadays I still use mine
"hey honey I'm upstairs git me anotha beer" :p
this has been a very enlightening thread Perhaps the powers to be can start a
special section for this it could be like combining the WE, home and garden , and the food network, we can trade recipes and have like a get in touch with your creative and softer side, oh boy the possibilities are endless

Gator glad things worked out only kidding with ya :) ;)

oh damn I have to run I burning my truffle sufley

If I want to get in touch with my softer side I'll scratch my ^$$

now does anyone have a hosewife tip on fixing a busted trim tab

:rlol:

florida gator
07-31-2005, 10:25 AM
On my way to drop the boat in the water and head to Hooters. Maybe that will help me get in touch with my manlihood.

BTW I just finished washing the mud off my ayv from the "baby shower".

Cuda
07-31-2005, 10:52 AM
If I want to get in touch with my softer side I'll scratch my ^$$

:rlol:
Rotflmao! :biggrin.:

Dregsz
08-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Send the wife. take your buddy with you. problem solved. if any one asked what happened to you . say you got a flat tire on the way to the store for more beer.
and the gas station was out of air.:boat:

joe

That's exactly it.
Take your buddy out on the boat for a cigar.
Ditch the shower.
Worst case scenario, And I mean Worst Case, swing in for a HI/Drop the Diaper Genie/Bye on the way to the Marina.
Leave the wife there, take 2 cars.

Even my wife knows better then to mention the lame, dreaded, Coed baby shower.

What is your buddy thinking???

Dregsz
08-01-2005, 04:47 AM
His brother doesn't have a hole lot of friends.

And fewer now that he planned a coed baby shower

Cuda
02-15-2006, 06:57 PM
And fewer now that he planned a coed baby shower
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Ps, all my friends are holes too.

ratman
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
On my way to drop the boat in the water and head to Hooters. Maybe that will help me get in touch with my manlihood. i guess hooters is a good a place as any for your coming out of the closet party to anouncce your gayness to the world. have you purchased a rainbow flag sicker for you car yet?:applecomp

florida gator
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Good lord!! Will you losers ever let me live this down??:banghead: :banghead:

How gay am I for not being on the water since November 11?

TuxedoPk
02-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Good lord!! Will you losers ever let me live this down??:banghead: :banghead:
How gay am I for not being on the water since November 11?

Don't worry, you are not alone. If you don't already have a subscription, thought you might enjoy reading this... :D :D

Ed Donnelly
02-16-2006, 09:29 PM
I did't think it was too bad, until I saw you are in Florida.
Better move up to N.Y. Where there is atleast an excuse for not boating

Tried to connect with my inner feminine self tonight,
but, the bitch had a headache............Ed

Cuda
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Tux, that mag is hilarious!

boxy
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Tux, that mag is hilarious!
especially from a guy who rode a blow bote all summer ...... :D

ratman
02-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Tux, that mag is hilarious! fuggin a, i fell of my chair when i saw that mag...