PDA

View Full Version : Found another one....

Last Real Texan
07-28-2005, 08:30 AM
As you all kow I have been looking for a 27 ZX... Well I found another and went and looked at it. It seems to be kind of high on price but we will get to that later. Some thing I noticed were that the fairing around the cockpit had some stress cracks in it here and there, Also the snaps for the cockpit cover were pulling loose in places and suck. I noticed that the step bottom had places that looked as is some one had done bad gell coat fixes in ares and such, Overall the boat seemed solid but the little things kept popping out at me. The front had 2 inches of water in it and mold had taken over the cabin, is this water in there doing any damage or just creating mold.....I know the front bilge is full because the water is not draining from the front cabin floor The anchor locker in the front looked like it had tha anchor banging around in it pretty good. INterior was solid but faded pretty bad, seemed kind of off white compared to the gel, and how hard is it to remove the graphics from the hull? I like the idea of a classic look. Never had the retractable swim step on it either.

The good was that it had a 67 hour 500 EFI blue moter in it, spinning a 26 pitch Bravo 4 blade.... Speed estimate here.
anyone?

Whats a fair price......Again no trailer.....RATS!

Bryan

Sport
07-28-2005, 10:23 AM
I have the same boat, I would says top speed is 72-75mph. I had the same problem with standing water in the cabin area. Donzi fixed it for free after several complaints. Ours is 5 years old and our interior is faded badly as well, it always has a cover on it, in fact we just replaced the cover about 3 months ago. My brother in law blew up the 502 and it was replaced with a 350. Could not afford a new 496 so we had to go with the 350, top end was cut down to 55mph. One of these days I'm going to smack him upside his head ! ! ! ! ! What year is the 27 you are looking at ?

Sport !

McGary911
07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
I didn't realize sport's boat was a 27....It's nice (probably was nicer with the BBC :bawling: ). I think it's a Donzi anyone would love to own. I know there are a few models near this size that have had issues with the spider cracks in the fairing area.

Sport, I'm gonna be in Tampa next weekend. Anything good going on down there?

Last Real Texan
07-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I have the same boat, I would says top speed is 72-75mph. I had the same problem with standing water in the cabin area. Donzi fixed it for free after several complaints. Ours is 5 years old and our interior is faded badly as well, it always has a cover on it, in fact we just replaced the cover about 3 months ago. My brother in law blew up the 502 and it was replaced with a 350. Could not afford a new 496 so we had to go with the 350, top end was cut down to 55mph. One of these days I'm going to smack him upside his head ! ! ! ! ! What year is the 27 you are looking at ?

Sport !

It is a 97 model twin step boat....Navy blue with a little yellow and red.

Cuda
07-28-2005, 06:01 PM
If it has the water problems, and it's on the high side of price, I'd probably keep looking.

Sport
07-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I just looked up this boat for you in the ABOS Marine Blue Book and it says that the 97 Donzi ZX is worth $25,000 on the low side and $30,000 on the high side. Hope this helps.

McGary, it's been pretty quite around here lately. Let me see if there is anything cool going on for you.

Sport !

Sam
07-29-2005, 08:25 AM
There's a 1997 27 ZX listed on boatquest.com for 37K. Bravo one, 502, silent choice, 300 hrs, cover and trailer. It even comes with a Hydro hoist lift, check it out.

Sam