PDA

View Full Version : Toothache from hell

Cuda
07-28-2005, 08:02 AM
A couple months ago, I broke off an old filling in a tooth. I went to a dentist, and he told me I had to go to an oral surgeon. They gave me some antibiotics and pain killers. I couldn't get an appointment with the oral surgeon right away, and I've been out of town so much, I kind of let it slide. Well, Tuesday night, the tooth started hurting bad. I got absolutely no sleep Saturday night, and I was miserable. I ended up calling my old dentist in St Pete to get me a script for pain killers until I can get in to an oral surgeon. I have an appointment this morning. I've been taking antibiotics, but it's swelling like crazy now. I'm starting to look like the elephant man. At least I was able to get some sleep last night. I'm afraid that the oral surgeon might take one look at me and send me to the ER.

Check out the progression of the swelling. :(

BERTRAM BOY
07-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Joe,
You look like you went a few rounds with Holyfield........

florida gator
07-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Just when you think someone can't possibly get any uglier.... :shades:

Just kidding. Hope you feel better in time for your ride to Silver Glenn.

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Damn, Joe! hope the doc fixes you up right today. :yes:

Floridagator...you going this weekend?

CHACHI
07-28-2005, 11:18 AM
A couple months ago, I broke off an old filling in a tooth. I went to a dentist, and he told me I had to go to an oral surgeon. They gave me some antibiotics and pain killers. I couldn't get an appointment with the oral surgeon right away, and I've been out of town so much, I kind of let it slide. Well, Tuesday night, the tooth started hurting bad. I got absolutely no sleep Saturday night, and I was miserable. I ended up calling my old dentist in St Pete to get me a script for pain killers until I can get in to an oral surgeon. I have an appointment this morning. I've been taking antibiotics, but it's swelling like crazy now. I'm starting to look like the elephant man. At least I was able to get some sleep last night. I'm afraid that the oral surgeon might take one look at me and send me to the ER.

Check out the progression of the swelling. :(Cuda, don't worry, an extraction and an implant you will good to go. Good Luck, Ken

Cuda
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, apparently there was a mix up on my appointment. I got there, and the receptionist looked at me like "what are you doing here". I told her I had an appointment for 11:30. She said there weren't any doctors in at this time. Then looked over her appointment book, and said my appointment was yesterday. Deb handled the appointment, so I don't know which end it was screwed up on. Anyway, had me come back at 1pm, took some x-rays, offered to pull the tooth today, or wait until next week when the swelling was down. Since I had just puked in his parking lot (and I NEVER puke), I decided to put it off until next week, because I just feel like crap today. I also rescheduled and appointment with a family doctor I had today to get my bloodpressure meds that I've been out of for about three months. This little frickin tooth has consumed my whole week, and I'm still not done with it. :angryfire

Sam
07-28-2005, 02:10 PM
For god sakes man your going to scare the women and and childern, ahh just kidding..............well sort of :yes: . I think I would have parked my butt there in the office and waited until the Dr. or ploice showed up. Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sam

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Joe, sorry to hear about the pain you're going thru. I had oral surgery this morning and it was a walk in the park. (God I love Nitrous)

Q. Has anyone else used pic3 as joke wallpaper on a family member's or co-worker's computer? :biggrin:

Gulfbum
07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Cuda....Just some info....be careful with putting that tooth off to long. My mother had a tooth problem and it led to heart problems from the infection so be careful and hurry and get it fixed. Any infection relates directly to your heart.

Frank

Cuda
07-28-2005, 04:30 PM
The girl who takes the xrays and stuff said the swelling might not be due to an infection, it could just be a reaction to the pain. She asked if it felt warm, which it doesn't, and I haven't had a fever. It's really gone down a lot since this morning. I think I was more sick to my stomach from taking the meds on an empty stomach, but what are you supposed to do when your mouth's too sore to chew? It's gone down enough that I ate a sandwich a bit ago. Feeling much better.

Donzi Kat
07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Watch out for a abcess, that's what the pic looks like. They suck sooo bad. Hope you get to feeling better.