PDA

View Full Version : Help with AreoQuip Fuel Line Replacement

DonziDave
07-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I finally narrowed down my problem with clogging fuel filters is that the lining of my AreoQuip feul line is starting to deteriorate. Cudos to MOP (Phil) for suggesting a look at the hose...!!! Only 19 years and it's going bad...??? I want my money back...!!!
Here's my problem: Boat is a 1986 - 18C. The hose runs from the tank, under the right side of the cockpit floor, and into the engine compartment. Simple so far. I get it unhooked an go to pull it out only to find that the hose is foamed into the flotation under the floor and will not budge. Anyone have any experiance or suggestions for getting it out without tearing out the foam? Since the hose is a maintainence item, I am kind of surprised that Donzi would foam it in place rather than sleeve it through the foam for easy removal.
Open to suggestions....Dave

gcarter
07-27-2005, 09:37 PM
I had a different problem with the Minx (no foam). Instead, the hose was supported in three places with galvanized electrical clamps screwed into the top of the stringer. Iwas finally able to cut the clamps loose, but I was unable to remove the screws in the stringers until I removed the deck. :confused: :cussball: