PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember this cool opening sequence?

Donzigo
07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Anybody remember this...................Miami Vice opening sequence

I always loved it.

Seemed appropriate since Donzi will replace the Chris Craft that Don Johnson used in the 1986/1991 TV show.

The most popular music in any episode was the music called DAYTONA CHASE. It was in the first episode from Jan 1986, with Phil Collins & Jan Hammer in the background. Jan Hammer did all the tracks from his garage, watching each week's film alone in his garage, making background music for the show.

Opening Clip (http://www.donzi.net/photos1/Miami_Vice.mov)

crockett.mp3

mattyboy
07-27-2005, 10:01 PM
I can name that opening sequence in three frames :)

is it the opening to get smart ;)

Cuda
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
I've been laying around with a bad tooth today watching Miami Vice Dvds. :)

Donzigo
07-27-2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks Poodle, it's been emailed to you. Seemed appropriate since Donzi will replace the Chris Craft that Don Johnson used in the 1986/1991 TV show.

The most popular music in any episode was the music called DAYTONA CHASE. It was in the first episode from Jan 1986, with Phil Collins & Jan Hammer in the background. Jan Hammer did all the tracks from his garage, watching each week's film alone in his garage, making background music for the show.

TuxedoPk
07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
I love the fact that a Donzi is going to be featured but something just seems wrong by making a substitution.

Did anyone else get bent out of shape when Bond switched to a BMW for product placement? Maybe its just me but I didn't see the need to change a classic. For that matter, I really liked Willy Wonker and the Chocolate factory and didn't see the need to have a Michael Jackson lookalike kill the role.

BUIZILLA
07-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Speaking of the Ferrari...

the original black conv. used in the show belonged to my uncle.

then they decided to clone it, using a glass body and Vette underpinings... like nobody noticed right??

the lengths they went to, trying to make a V8 sound like a V12, was extenuating. If they would have used the 180* header theory, they might have gotten away with it. But dubbing in the V12 sound, on a V8 car, on top of real voices, was a trip in itself.

JH

Cuda
07-28-2005, 07:49 AM
I love the episode of Calderone Returns where they are running to the Bahamas in the Scarab, and the song Voices is playing. :)

Donzigo
07-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Ditto - Cuda.

The entire 112 episodes of Miami Vice are now sold in a package for $180.

There is a cool website: www.miamivice.org where you can register for free and then see a synopsis of every episode along with music you can play. There's even a computer theme you can download where your computer plays Vice music and has guns for pointers, etc. etc. changes the colors on the computer to MV pastels, too.

One of the highest rated episodes is one called DEFINITELY MIAMI, from season 2. In the beginning, with Sonny & Crockett at a pool, with Arielle Dombasle :eek: :eek: :eek: a sexy French actress, who's coming on to Crockett, after she pours the cold water from two bottles in a bowl, soaks her t-shirt, puts it on over her top, then while taking her bikini top off under her cold wet t-shirt :hyper: , while Gato Babieri's sax number - "EUROPA" is playing the the background....."Tell your freind, Sonny to come and get me when he wakes up"..........OMG..........one of the hottest scenes I've seen before or since......MIami Vice...........

McGary911
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
I love the fact that a Donzi is going to be featured but something just seems wrong by making a substitution.

Did anyone else get bent out of shape when Bond switched to a BMW for product placement? Maybe its just me but I didn't see the need to change a classic.......

Yeah, I hated that BMW. And the ESQ watches that were on brosnan's wrist in all the ESQ ads. Bond usually drove english cars. I cant remember him driving something german. Usually wore a rolex too.....All that marketing crap started on the first movie after Albert R. Broccoli died. Bet he wasn't on the product placement bandwagon.

Didn't MV initially have the Chris Craft Stinger, but then later shows had a Scarab? I never really watched it that much.....liked the boats tho :yes:

Richard - I'm gonna be in Tampa next weekend....anything good going on with you and your crew?

pmreed
07-28-2005, 11:55 AM
That complete set of Miami Vice DVDs is a bootleg set. The only official DVD release out is for season 1, best price around $35. No info yet on when the rest of the episodes are due. Grab the bootleg if you want, but I think you'll find head and shoulders better video and audio quality from the official release. Shouldn't be any more expensive either.

Phil

Donzigo
07-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Scot, this music gig is outrageous............. thanks man, it's too cool.

Cuda
07-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I watched the original episode today, where Crockett and Tubbs meet. :)

boldts
07-28-2005, 10:09 PM
What......You guys don't have the Miami Vice - Jan Hammer CD to put in the boat radio as your running 3 and 4 foot swells down there in FL? Man that CD is required listening for any trip I used to take to Lake Erie or Lake St.Clair where air time was plentyful. :) Thanks for the video. Got to love it and the sights of Miami!

Donzigo
07-29-2005, 09:28 AM
Found a couple of neat pictures.............

pmreed
07-29-2005, 11:33 AM
:biggrin.: :biggrin.: From Half.com :yes: :yes:

We are writing to inform you that your recent order has been confirmed by the seller.

Order Information

Purchase #243812884963 - Seller: casacaiman (123570)

Miami Vice: The Complete Collection (CD, Release Year: 2002)
Original TV Soundtrack
Price: $15.18
Condition: Brand New

Seller Comments: Thank you for your order!

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :yes: :yes: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: .

Phil

Moody Blu'
08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
i thought they always had the scarab.

I remeber the one episode when the drug dealers were in a race and went around an island and stopped that boat and had an identical boat come out of the other side. I loved all the episodes. there were some pretty dark episodes too but man what a show.

ill tell you one thing though, nothin beats the original dukes of hazard, and man I think they shoudl have never made the new one, theres no way you can replace the original daisy.

Cuda
08-02-2005, 07:08 AM
i thought they always had the scarab.

I remeber the one episode when the drug dealers were in a race and went around an island and stopped that boat and had an identical boat come out of the other side. I loved all the episodes. there were some pretty dark episodes too but man what a show.

That episode was The Great McCarthy. The bad guy had a 50 foot Cary, Lots of other boats in that episode too. That's when Crockett had some "new turbos" installed for a race. :)