PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Problems '94 22 classic

jeffaf
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure what happened to the previous thread I tried to post, but I'll try again...

We have a Mercruiser 454 bravo one that goes into gear, but does not rev up and go. When you push the throttle down the RPMS do not go up and the boat just continues to idle forward.

The Mercruiser mechanic has changed a bunch of different parts such as the fuel pumps, distributor, gimmel bearing, etc. Someone recommended we try the rubber hub in the prop or the coupler but they thought if it was that, the boat wouldn't go but the RPMs would.

The mechanic says that 2 cylinders on each side are not firing but that the other 4 are.

Side note, the day that this happened I noticed the gear lube box was dry.

Any ideas on this? The mechanic now wants to look at the cam on the engine or the springs. It's starting to sound to me like it may need a new engine.:banghead: Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

gold-n-rod
07-27-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure what happened to the previous thread I tried to post, but I'll try again...

It's here......

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41064

blackhawk
07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Talking out my azz here BUT it's a thought! :D

You said this happened the same day you noticed the drive reservoir was empty. There is a "float" inside there hooked to a sensor. When the reservoir gets low your boat will go into limp mode. It is very possible that this float stuck even though you filled the reservoir.

I would check that asap!!!