PDA

View Full Version : Slop/banging in Volvo 250 reverse lock

YoAnthony
07-26-2005, 06:25 PM
I have investigated the slop in the reverse latch mechanism, thanks to those who responded to that thread.

The thing seems to have about 3/8 inch slop at the trim pin if you lift up on the drive. It does not look like the slop can be adjusted out. So here is the question(s):
Is the slop due to the latch assembly being bent? Can it be adjusted? Can I cut two pieces of plastic pipe to slide over the trim pin so that the drive comes down and in contact with the pipe therefore taking up the slop?

Thank you

MOP
07-26-2005, 09:22 PM
I have investigated the slop in the reverse latch mechanism, thanks to those who responded to that thread.

The thing seems to have about 3/8 inch slop at the trim pin if you lift up on the drive. It does not look like the slop can be adjusted out. So here is the question(s):
Is the slop due to the latch assembly being bent? Can it be adjusted? Can I cut two pieces of plastic pipe to slide over the trim pin so that the drive comes down and in contact with the pipe therefore taking up the slop?

Thank you

If you increase the size of the pin with pipe the latch will no longer hold and the drive will flip up when you put it in reverse. They are all a bit sloppy but usualy do not bang if the carb linkage is setup as Volvo ment it to be.

Phil