PDA

View Full Version : 67 18 Classic

blka4
07-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi,
I have just purchased a 67 18 classic and am beginning the process of replacing some of the old weathered parts. I am wondering where is a good place to find trim pieces they are pretty beat up from the prior owners and I would like to replace the stainless trim that wraps around the boat.
Thanks Adam

BillG
07-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Adam,
I think you will find that the rub rail is aluminum. You can get the exact match from West Marine or Boat US stores.

Bill G

blka4
07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the help.

Blewbyu
07-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Adam- Chk out parts for sale,first page. Formula Jr (Owen) has a volvo manual that covers your drive.He is in the Oregon Territories (close to Washington State) somewhere. $10. Can't beat that!
Regards-
Jeff Moore
"Blewbyu"

BTW- Nice triple hatch you picked up! Drive it now,shine stuff in the winter. If your Dad got a good pic of the water pump, put in here and ask if anyone knows the manufacturer. Bet someone will know, and will probably give you the part number for the impeller.

Lenny
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
You want this rub rail. One is 6', one is 12'... Get 4- 12's. It IS the replacement (NOS) aluminum product.

http://www.tacomarine.com/diypages/aluminumrr.asp

Part#: A11-0151TAL12D

Rootsy
07-27-2005, 09:22 AM
ahhhh but the question is... how do you make the arch for the "barrel" on the back.... :boggled:

JR - contemplating

Cuda
07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
ahhhh but the question is... how do you make the arch for the "barrel" on the back.... :boggled:

JR - contemplating
Carefully!

But I think it could be done. What about powdercoating them like gcarter did?

BERTRAM BOY
07-27-2005, 09:48 AM
FYI,
The holes in the new rails WON'T match up with the old. They are not the same center to center distance.

The old rails are made by Bonnell NOT Taco.

BERTRAM BOY

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

gcarter
07-27-2005, 09:55 AM
My powdercoated rails have held up amazingly well. I have been very impressed with them. :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
07-27-2005, 09:56 AM
FYI,
The holes in the new rails WON'T match up with the old. They are not the same center to center distance.

The old rails are made by Bonnell NOT Taco.

BERTRAM BOY

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:smash: Cliff...It's 10:41 a.m. WTF...get back to work will ya...go make something...for Pete's Sake? :spongebob

BTW... I have Goodies for you...the New Navy Windshirts are the Best Color Yet...and yes...they come in Manly Sizes...for us non-pencil necks! :beer:

Pass the Popcorn and Wheres My Beer!

Doc of Winnie Bound Degenerates :smash:

Remember: Work Is For Those Who Don't Know How To Plunder - Woodsy Von Hull Less.. :spongebob

Cuda
07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
My powdercoated rails have held up amazingly well. I have been very impressed with them. :biggrin:
And as I recall, you were crash testing them once. :)

BERTRAM BOY
07-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Origianally posted by Dr. Dan

"Cliff...It's 10:41 a.m. WTF...get back to work will ya...go make something...for Pete's Sake?"

Dan, shouldn't you be selling something.........for Pete's sake?