PDA

View Full Version : 4' wake

joseph m. hahnl
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
tried a new lake this weekend called spofford lake. there are a lot of touch holes there. there is no direction, they have no respect for other boats or people. it's in total disaray this lake is about 2 to 3 miles in dia. and there is an island in the middle. so there's this guy with a 25 footer a 38" draft and he's running 1/3 throttle with out plaining. he leaves this wake that about 4' high. i'm on shore on this island waiting to go off the rope swing. when i see this wake heading for rooster tail.she was anchored in about 12' of water that was on a steep ledge that went up to 3' . you know that feeling of there's nothing you can doo but watch it happen. the bow went under water 3 times and then the out drive was crashing on the ground. this guy is lucky i wasn't in the boat.because my minx would catch him in 20 seconds and another 5 seconds for me to punch him out and throw him over board. it's a good thing i don't like jail because i was mighty tempted. alls i can say is have a little respect for those around you .

joe:

Cuda
07-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Any damage?

ChromeGorilla
07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
WOW!!!!! "constabulary " I am impressed Scott..... :garfield:

But Scott is right, he is 100% responsible for ANY damage caused by his wake.

mattyboy
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
you have to check your local laws, in NY I've been told the wake thingy is only damaged caused by a wake in a no wake zone or if in violation of the on plane law on my lake it is illegal to be on plane within 200 feet of the shore or an anchored boat except when in the act of waterskiing starting or stopping from a dock most lakes in NY are 100 feet, this gets violated more by the lake patrol than anyone else, i always try to anchor as deep as possible then swim in, also I give the bronx salute when a knucklehead waves as he goes by you as your anchored 25 feet away at 25 mph

ChromeGorilla
07-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I think it's a CG thing, not state by state.....I'll ask the coasties I work with.....

MOP
07-25-2005, 11:46 PM
It is a CG thing, a close buddy collected for some pretty bad piling damage from a BIG MY that did the ass end squat as it went by the local gas dock. It is not a posted no wake zone under federal law an operator is responsible for his wake, licensed captains can get revocation and probation.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:zH9shLD7t3sJ:www.uscg.mil/hq/g-cj/appeals/cg2166.pdf+Coast+guard+wake+law&hl=en

Donzigo
07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Scot...............I'm impressed too.............are you sure that's a word?

I've never heard of it.

That's a pretty big word for you to remember ...............dang.