PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever noticed........

gold-n-rod
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
I have found that I can't go anywhere, to a gas station, to the marina repair shop, the launch ramp, past boats docked at the marina, to the sand bar...... that someone doesn't stop and compliment the Donzi. So many people want to talk about it. I don't think I've ever owned a toy that generates this much attention.

We had one of my wife's co-workers and her husband and kids up over the 4th. Well, the co-worker's husband went back to work and told stories of being out with me on the Donzi. Someone he told replied, "You know someone who owns a DONZ!?!?!??!"

What a boat!

Cuda
07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Try it with a Formula. :cool!:

Just kidding guys! :biggrin.:

boxy
07-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Try it with a Formula. :cool!:

Just kidding guys! :biggrin.:

Yeah but with a Formula you never make it to marina gas dock, or the bar, it's launch ramp, repair shop, repeat.... :D :D

Sorry Joe, it was just sitting there....

Marlin275
07-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Most people ask me about the engine
and want to know whats in it.

Cuda
07-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah but with a Formula you never make it to marina gas dock, or the bar, it's launch ramp, repair shop, repeat.... :D :D

Sorry Joe, it was just sitting there....

I understand, the shot was there and you had to take it.

I'd have done the same. :D

Cuda
07-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I also have a lot more time to chat when filling the Formula. It takes a while to pump 158 gallons of 93 octane in the tank. :bawling:

glashole
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
everyone seems to want to race me.

Donzigo
07-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Gice CUDA a break, he only owns about 6 boats.............how's that count, Joe? about right?

Cuda
07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Gice CUDA a break, he only owns about 6 boats.............how's that count, Joe? about right?
Dead on. :)

DONZI
07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
everyone seems to want to race me.
Are ya sure their not just trying to ck. out the Trim tabs. :smile:

Shea,Thanks again for the trick cleat. . Stephanie is a keeper. Hope to see ya again nxt yr..
Ken

Team Jefe
07-26-2005, 07:26 AM
The Gas Station is the biggest thing for me. I can not fuel up without somebody coming over to talk about the boat. Of course I too have plenty of time to chit-chat waiting for something short of 200 gallons to fill up.

It's worse for me in Louisiana, Land of the Fish boats...those Cajuns just don't know how to act when they see Jefe's Revenge. I'm even know in parts down there as "the Donzi guy"....people don't even know my name, but they know my boat....gotta love it :biggrin.:

Of course I love it when the pretty girls gawk...but the really great part is the kids. I saw one Sunday on the way home from Clear Lake. He was in the back seat of Dad's Famliy Truckster, as they passed his eyes were big as saucers :eek: and I saw him mouth the word WOW and comment to Dad, as he pointed to the boat......Another future Donzifile on the hook ! :wavey:

boldts
07-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Yep, nothing like pulling up to the Jamestown dock at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run in a 1969 H/M Donzi Classic 18. There in the middle of all those 100s of thousands of dollars in go fasts with more bling than I could ever afford was my little Donzi with more eyes on her than other boats. It was fun to watch people looking at the boat while I dreweled and drug my tongue past their beautiful offshore go fast boats. It used to happen at every launch ramp I ever attended. Even had a group of Harley riders come up and comment on the boat once. I really miss my boat!