PDA

View Full Version : temp question

smokediver
07-22-2005, 07:37 PM
The motor is finally in and running !!! I really took my time getting up the courage to start her up for the first time ... i have never done a project like this before and was very intimidated ... alinging the engine was by far the hardest part ... Anyway , I replaced the stock cast iron manifolds with a set of aluminium GLM ... It seems like the starboard side is getting good flow and there is less coming from the port side ... my temp gauge read between 150 and 170 after running it on the ears for about 5 minutes .... is this normal ? my 4.3 never got over 140 .. lastly ,but not leastly , i wanted to thank all the members who helped me out along the way ... Oh , i went straight out the back with the exhaust ... no mufflers :biggrin:

Kirk
07-22-2005, 08:53 PM
What temp termostat? If 160' Deg your are ok......

I would run it at the dock and go from there. The temps you describe are within the limits. If things check out at the dock take out for short cruise and put some load to it. Listen to the motor and watch your oil pressure gauge.

If all checks out after your short run change the oil and you should be good to go for at least 10 hours.

Just my .02

KJ