PDA

View Full Version : This'll make you sick.....

harbormaster
07-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Check the results of the guys racing vintage cars wheel to wheel...

http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/image/46317472

ChromeGorilla
07-22-2005, 10:52 AM
There must have been a broken down Mustang sitting on the track to have caused that.....

Cuda
07-22-2005, 02:28 PM
That is a crying shame. I was thinking of getting an old Mustang or something, but it's not like I don't have enough projects that aren't done. :bonk:

Donzi Dreaming
07-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Ahhh...Vintage Racing. Where there is definitly more money than sense. Most of these guys probably got out of a vehicle when they got to the track that had better braking capabilities than the race car they were getting into.

Is a shame though...looks like a lot of history bent up there.

Walt. H.
07-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Ouch big time!!!
Racing on a track is usually safer then driving on any given street. But after seeing the above pictures "theres more just click forward & or backwards top right of pic" I think its time for me to stay on the porch cause I can't afford to run with the Big Dogs! :bawling:

W.H :wrench:

BUIZILLA
07-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Directly UNDER the blue Camaro, and the white T/A Firebird, is a yellow mid 60's Corvette, you may not be able to see it. The blue Camaro is on top of it, the right rear tire of the camaro made a perfect treadmark on the yellow Corvette drivers helmet.... that T/A was just bought by Colin Comer about 4 weeks ago, from noted Pontiac Historian Jim Mattison. 16 cars in all got wiped out. The one blue Cobra is an authentic aluminum body car, valued at about $300,000....

gcarter
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
So often when you watch these guys @ Laguna Seca or some such, they don't get within a length or width of each other!!! Someone must have screwed up really bad.

gcarter
07-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I just looked @ the pic again and noticed the black 'Vette on the left is backwards. Did he spin and start it?

Donzi Kat
07-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Holy S@#* Walt that is one perdy car, afraid to ask just how much is sunk into her, but I will ask, what is "her" name? Just wondering so when I have a dream about it there is a name to go with it.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Walt. H.
07-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Well thank you very much D.K,
She's a 68' alum head big block and I use to call her "High Gear" cause if I didn't beat you coming off the line i'd catch you in Hi-gear.
Oh yeah alot more $$ has gone thru it then its worth and i've own it since sept 1970. Would you believe I paid $3300.00 for it when it was 1-1/2 yrs old, if I left it stock and only maintained it, I would be ahead of the $$ game now.ugh!!! :bonk:

Walt :wavey:

marcdups
07-24-2005, 02:17 AM
If only they would use their turn signal indicators :shocking: :shocking: :cistineb:

olredalert
07-24-2005, 09:24 AM
George,

--------There are different vintage racing groups. Steve Earle runs most of the ones in Cal. (mainly Monterey) and he runs a way tighter ship than these yahoos at Road America. His rule is "if there is contact, no matter whose fault, all involved are out for 13 months. NO EXCEPTIONS. You wouldnt believe how careful those guys are!!!!!!!!!!..........Bill S,

--------Oh, and the backwards facing Corvette didnt cause the accident. He got hit from behind and turned around. Imagine looking at all those nutcases coming at you.!!!!!!! I had several friends there that weekend and have heard many variations of what happened, but not the definitive explanation yet.