PDA

View Full Version : New President @ Lake George Donzi Classic Club

FASTEDDIE
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
A New President has been selected to lead the Club into the next year and will take office on January 1st,2004. I am very confident that our new President will continue to lead the Club into new venues and will serve all our members with distinction and class. His Donzi backround is impeccable and so is his Donzi enthusiasm. I am proud to pass the gavel to our new President,

Scott Pearson

I will be working with Scott and Cathy to make the transition smooth and offer my assistance on all fronts. They are a wonderful team for Donzi. Thanks to all our members for your support during my last eight years and through all of the 16 Donzi Meets I held. We all wish our best to Scott and Cathy and please send them your well wishes.

mattyboy
12-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Ed and Augusta thank you for all you have done for the Donzi Family great job!!!
and I'm sure Scott and Cathy will do a wonderful job.
So Scott the fall gathering is it a party,picnic or whatever wink
whatever help you need just call

http://www.donzi.net/photos/seal.png

Matty

GEOO
12-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Eddie and Augusta thank you for your all your efforts over the years. Eddie you where the main driving force in getting all of us together.

I'm glad to hear Scott and Cathy are taking over. I look foward to many years of Donzi gatherings up at the Lake.
George

McGary911
12-15-2003, 08:53 PM
Eddie, I've never had the chance to get up to lake George, but i hear It's a killer time. One of the best Donzi photos I have ever seen is the 30+ at the docks from a few years back. Guess you had something to do with that one! Hopefully I'll get up there this year, and see you enjoying the Awakening. Now a guy from Jersey gets to run the LG club? :p If a guy from Jersey can be Prez, then i guess i have no excuse for not getting up there this spring....

BERTRAM BOY
12-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey, at least the new president is
a !@#$%%^&* people person. :D :D :D

riverrat
12-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Congrats to you Scott. being a Texas boy I never got up to se any of your events.. But the web coverage as been really good. And I want to say good luck Ed I know you will be missed. And I think Scot is a good replacement..

Best of luck & make sure the T-Shirts remain really cool!

the Rat..

Woodsy
12-16-2003, 06:49 AM
I think I can safely speak for the gang up here at Lake F@!k...

Congrats Scott!

Eddie, you will be missed... Its because of you we have the Winni club! Thanks for the memories!

Woodsy Von 2-Stroke :D :D

did I mention its snowmobile season.....

Rootsy
12-16-2003, 07:57 AM
So i guess if i want to go to the dustoff this year i have to bring an empty soup can for admission??? wink :p

congrats on the transition, i think scott will be a great fit and it'll continue on in excellent fashion :)

Root - I NEED MORE VACATION TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Davis
12-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Ed and Augusta, I want to thank you both for all the work that you have put into making these events the "must attend" Donzi get togethers each year that they have grown to be. Thanks for the great memories.

Scott & Cathy Pearson..... What can I say, great news, we'll be there every spring, I'll bring the Gentleman Jack... Best of luck to you both biggrin.

Tom Davis
Lake F%#K Bandits wink

waleyetwo
12-16-2003, 09:01 AM
congrats to you scott i"m glad we have a new prez
that is a people person like eddie.

wish you good luck.
from lake f96#k

Crazy Horse
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Scott, Congrats. Guess you will run your Poker Runs exactly like ours on Lake F@#k now that you have had a chance to see firsthand how we run them. wink

roadtrip se
12-16-2003, 08:52 PM
Eddie and Augusta,

Well you said you were going to "retire"
and just when I moved to the midwest and could start towing over to your event. Hopefully, you guys will be around and we'll get a chance to run the Blackhawk and SE together!

Well, we're coming any way! Looks like a great event and it will continue with the cadre of folks that come up to celebrate the friendship and fellowship that is the granddaddy of Donzi gatherings.

Scott, big shoes to fill and whats this tuna thing about any way?

Todd
"I find a tuna can on the SE and I'm gonna kick some ass!"

mattyboy
12-17-2003, 08:22 AM
Todd,
the tuna can is history, recycling laws are to strict in Lk George so diapers are now used eek!
normally there is a security force to protect the President from the general public, not to protect the general public from the President .

oh boy this year will be great!!!

only Kidding Scott and Cathy will to great job looking forward to all the events

Matt

boldts
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Congratulations Scott. You and Cathy will have no problem running a Donzi club. I couldn't think of a better example of a person who knows and has reconditioned Donzi boats. You'll be an asset to all the club members. Yes, the shoes are big as stated by others. Eddie has helped not only George with the Winni Donzi Club, but also me with the Midwest Club. Ed and Augusta knew how to do a gathering right! I'm only sad that I have not been able to attend any of the Lake George gatherings yet.

I'm sure you've got a few ideas for upcoming events and your own personal way to run them. Just remember, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone. Give them a layout and let them decide for themselves if they wish to attend. There is nothing like the feeling of seeing so many beautiful Donzi boats and their owners who love the boats like children in one place. Every year when Beth and I pull into Lake Cumberland, the chills just run all over me.

Good luck and if Beth and I can offer assistance, please ask! Eddie, I know you'll still be working with Scott for a while, but all the best to you and Augusta in your retirement. Enjoy the gatherings with no responsibilities.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
12-17-2003, 01:58 PM
Congratulations Scott!

You do realize though, that as club president, you're required to bring a different Donzi to each event. :D
So get crackin' on that Bench Seat Hornet!
.................................................. ......and when you finish that, we'll be wantin' to see that Baby Donzi.

FR :p

Scott Pearson
12-18-2003, 05:05 AM
Thank you everyone for the great words of support in this new venture that Fast Eddie has intrusted upon me. And once again...Thank you Ed and Augusta! I know I will have some big shoes to fill being the new president of the club. I'm happy to say that Eddie will be staying on as VP and helping me with getting my feet wet with this great club.

For me the "Dustoff" and the "Fall Picnic" have been my favorite Donzi gatherings. I hope to make next seasons Lake George Donzi Classic Club gatherings as great as they have been in the past.

Please, stay tuned for some more fun on Lake George!!

Thank You again!!!

(LG) Scott

Barry Phillips
12-18-2003, 08:24 AM
The club has come a long way since Sue and I first met you in 1996 at the fall boat show in Lake George Village. I was shopping for a boat than and I thought you were the salesman. You were sporting your Donzi Racing Team windbreaker and told me that if I purchased a Classic Donzi I could join the club. Well I finally ordered my 18 in the spring of 97 after wanting one since I was 15, a dream come true. Rick at Lake George Boat Company gave me a club application when I picked up the boat July 4th. I remember you called me about joining the club. Well 7 years have passed and we are on our second Classic. Sue and I have made every event, and we would not have missed it for anything. I think the LGCDC has exceeded even your own expectations. The club has given Classic Donzi owners a venue to meet, show off their boats, and make new friends. Clubs like ours have done more to illustrate the Donzi lifestyle than any marketing campaign. I just wanted to thank you and Augusta for your tireless efforts making every event truly enjoyable, even when the Adirondack weather is less than cooperative.

Thank you for starting it all.

I also want to congratulate Scott and offer my help especially in the area of graphics and editorial, since I am a designer and Sue is a writer and editor, plus we are locate in NJ. I think both of us can be a big help on the newsletter. I'm sure you have our address and home phone so don’t hesitate to call.

SO-SLO

KMLFAMILY
12-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Congratulation"s to Scott & Cathy. We look forward to your future events.
Thank you to Eddie & Augusta for all the hard work you have done.

Air 22
12-23-2003, 10:47 PM
SCOTT...IF I CAN OFFER ANY ASSISTANCE PLEASE LET ME KNOW... :p BEING FROM LG... ONE CAN'T HAVE ENOUGH HELP. wink LOOKING FWD TO A GREAT SUMMER, THE DUST-OFF AND FALL PICNIC.

ED..THANK YOU FOR THAT FIRST RIDE 3 YEARS AGO wink THAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE THAT BROUGHT MYSELF AND CRISSY TO THIS WONDERFUL GROUP OF FRIENDS AND FAMILY. YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO THESE EVENTS IS TRULEY APPRECIATED BY ALL. wink THANK YOU AND AGUSTA FOR SO MUCH..SEE YA WHEN THE ICE CLEARS OUT...SAY...APRIL 1ST??? :rolleyes: :D
DWIGHT & CRISSY

18 Again
12-25-2003, 06:42 AM
Congratulations on taking on the job of Club President. Now I'm new here and purchased my first Donzi in late October, 2003.... an 18 ft Classic. Now how do I go about joining the Lk George Donzi Club?

FASTEDDIE
01-02-2004, 12:42 PM
As of New Years Day , Scott Pearson has now taken the oath of office and is now officially the Club President. Congratulations Scott. Best wishes for a Great Donzi year.

DON N.
01-07-2004, 05:11 PM
FAST EDDIE & AGUSTA , THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD TIMES !
SCOTT & CATHY , I KNOW A LOT OF GOOD TIMES LAY AHEAD! AND ALSO GOOD LUCK .
LETS SEE HMMMM, FREE DONZI PARKING IN VILLAGE AND NO EXHAUST TICKETS FOR 2004.

DON N.
01-07-2004, 05:14 PM
AUGUSTA "SORRY"

DON N.
01-07-2004, 05:17 PM
AUGUSTA "SORRY"

Scott Pearson
01-08-2004, 04:58 AM
Don,
Must be all them "All Red Boats" that does it :D .

Thanks!
(NJ)Scott

Pismo
01-08-2004, 06:17 PM
As a Pilot Knober with a Donzi----How do I join?

Cheers,
SL
22'Classic 502 Magnum

JP BRESCIA
01-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Eddie, thanks for the memories. I had a great time at the dustoff. Honestly, I wish a "lady" won first prize at the poker but it was just my lucky day....Enjoy your retirement..... wink

DON N.
01-09-2004, 02:54 PM
SCOTT,I HAVE TO TELL YOU I LOST THE EXHAUST TICKET, WENT TO COURT,MISSED THE JUDGE,THE CLERK SAID HER SON LIKED DONZI'S AND DISMISSED THE TICKET. I MUST HAVE STEPPED IN SOMETHING LUCKY THAT DAY. BUT I BOUGHT A SET OF BAFFLES IN CASE !

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
01-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Scott, did Eddie hand over the keys to the Lake George club's website?

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/

It seems a bit neglected. If you intend to do anything with it and you'd like some help, let me know.

Eric

Scott Pearson
01-10-2004, 04:02 PM
SL,
Please email Fast Eddie to get the information on joining the Lake George Donzi Classic Club. We are still in the process of going over all the details and paper work. I know he can give you what you need at this time. Thank You Again!

(NJ)Scott