PDA

View Full Version : New Member w/ New 22 Classic...HELP!!!!!

justingbeck
07-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Hello, my name is Justin Beck and I am 33 years old and live on High Rock lake here in Salisbury, N.C. It is the second largest lake in N.C. There are so many big high performance powerboats (22' -41') but no 22' Classics.
I was turned on to The Donzi Registry by a fellow NCRS (National Corvette Restorer Society). I guess you folks now know what my main interest/hobby/passion is.
I just purchased a 1998 22 Classic with 141 babied hours and I just love it!!! It is white with red trim with the 454 EFI Bravo One and a wimpy 310 H.P. I now feel the excitment that I have felt with my Corvettes.
Is there anything that I can do to this boat to get it over the 62 mph without hurting its reliability? Any good bolt on parts out there? Do they make a supercharger (like in later model cars) that is bolt on without any internal engine changes required? How about computer chips?? This is all so new to me so please "school" me on my options. Thanks Gang!!

ChromeGorilla
07-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Welcome to the boards! Alot of knowledge in here. Congrats on the boat. As far as more top end, Catch22 has a 22 with a 454 that has a pro charger and intercooler on it. I believe he see lows 90's with his boat. But to answer you, yes there is alot of hop up parts for your motor. Make sure you use the search feature here. It works very well and more times than not you will find the information you were looking for and then some...

Part of owning a Dozi, for me anyway, is the family you've already inherited. I urge you to try to make some of the events and gatherings that we organize. They happen all year long and run from New Hampshire to Florida to the pacific NW and all points between. I promise you'll meet tons of great people and make many new friends. Alot of these are listed under The events section

Again, wlecome aboard!
Scott

RickSE
07-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Welcome to the boards and congrats on the boat. You'll love it.

Do a search on Turbo and Hydo (Hydromotive) props. A lot of guys are picking up speed with the Turbo and handeling with the Hydro.

As Chrome mentioned, there are a few here with Prochargers running impressive numbers.

Get to know the boat then step it up.

olredalert
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Justin,

--------I see you found your way over here. You wont regret it. The people here are the best group on the inter-net. If you can imagine a group that are almost diametricly opposed to NCRS this is it. Some of us are interested in the rarer, older DONZIs but all of us are interested in speed and fun. Something that is sorely missing at NCRS anymore as far as I am concerned! Give your questions a couple of days and see what the pundits have to say. Most of us arent on here as much right now as the rest of the year as we are out on the water coaxing another mile-per-hour out of our rides, but we will get to it...................Bill S

RedDog
07-22-2005, 02:53 PM
To help, need to know the basics first. What prop are you using, what RPM does it spin, and what is the GPS speed?

justingbeck
07-22-2005, 05:24 PM
it has a 21 pitch prop, i am turning about 4800 rpm and often hitting the rev limiter. GPS speed is 61 mph
To help, need to know the basics first. What prop are you using, what RPM does it spin, and what is the GPS speed?

BUIZILLA
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
There's no way your really seeing 4800 since your rev limiter is set at 4700... the tach is off a tad :rolleyes: I think you would be very happy with a Turbo 22" 3 blade prop.

Jim

catch 22
07-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Justin, Welcome to the Registry. You should find plenty of information here on how to hop up your 22.I DID!!! :cool!: