PDA

View Full Version : trailer question

mikev
07-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I just had my trailer repainted and it looks so nice. the question I have is being tandem axle trailer everyone stands on the fenders to get in and out of the boat and they get scratched up. I was thinking about putting some of that non skid black tape on top of the fenders but was looking for other ideas that miight look nicer. what have you guys done i am open to sugestions.

Sport
07-21-2005, 02:31 PM
You may want to take a look at a company called Hydro-Turf out of Anaheim, California. They make some very nice foam rubber products that may suit your needs. I've used their stuff in the past, and I can say that it's great quality.

http://www.hydroturf.com/products.php?cat=Sheets%20of%20Hydro-Turf&man=Hydro-Turf

www.hydroturf.com

Sport !

gold-n-rod
07-21-2005, 02:41 PM
How about step pads made of shiny aluminum no skid sheeting (diamond plate, I think it's called)?

txtaz
07-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't let people climb in the boat off the trailer. I launch myself and then pick everyone up. I don't have a cool trailer, but someday I will and then be in the habit.
Wes

mikev
07-22-2005, 09:57 AM
i like the diamondplate idea will have to check into that.

18FOOTER
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Spray-in bedliner material can be color matched to the trailer.

DON N.
07-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Years Back A Friend Of Mine Had A 1930 Model A Ford Roadster That Had A Factory Circular Step Plate Mounted To The Rear Fender So You Could Get In And Out Of The Rumble Seat With Out Scratching The Rear Fender . I Believe They Reproduce Them .

tmdog
07-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Mikev- -Take a small trip to TMI in Buford. Located off Peachtree Ind. Hwy. I'm sure they can help. TMI - - Trailer Marine Inc.