PDA

View Full Version : St Augustine 7-30

Cuda
07-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Chrome Gorilla and I are planning to meet at the Conch House in St Augustine next Saturday, 7-30, if anyone is interested in coming. I'll be leaving from Daytona, heading north on the ICW. CG will be coming from the north, headed south.

Cuda
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Come on now, I can't believe there is nobody else in NE Florida that wants to make a run. Looks like it's just us CG. Heck, I'd be willing to go somewhere every other weekend. The only thing keeping it from every weekend is having Kyle on those weekends.

gcarter
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
I'll talk to Laine and see what we have on. It's just so darn hot!!! :angryfire

Cuda
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
I'll talk to Laine and see what we have on. It's just so darn hot!!! :angryfire
Ain't so bad at 60+. :)

Cuda
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
It is hot though. I've never seen 100 on my weatherbug on my pc, but it's there right now. :(

Budmann
07-22-2005, 03:58 PM
:cool!: :shades:
It is hot though. I've never seen 100 on my weatherbug on my pc, but it's there right now. :(

Yea, its one hot mother :shades: Hey we would love to come but my daughter flys back to Indi. on Sat. Her flight is at 4:30.
are you guys spending the night. might be up for a sunday run.

We are also planning a Suwannee run on Aug. 6th if anyone can go.

ChromeGorilla
07-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Cuda, let me know what tie you guys want to meet up.

Budman, next weekend we are heading to Silver Glen Springs again......I know your brother was talking about goin one of these times..... It would be great if you and him both made it. ....let me know....

ChromeGorilla
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
****...... I was thinking it was this weekend..... I'm not with it lately..... We are going to St A this weekend. Next weekend (7/30) we were gonna go to the glen. I guess I'm doin St. A on the 30th and the glen on the 31st.

florida gator
07-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Possibly, depends if I am taking a friend around Pinellas looking for a marina.

Cuda
07-23-2005, 04:00 PM
****...... I was thinking it was this weekend..... I'm not with it lately..... We are going to St A this weekend. Next weekend (7/30) we were gonna go to the glen. I guess I'm doin St. A on the 30th and the glen on the 31st.
Heck, I'll do the Glen, makes no difference to me as long as I'm on the water.

ChromeGorilla
07-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Cuda, that would be cool. My friend John has family coming in town and he really wants to do the Glen on Sat. And since ours wives share a brain....... lol

We can do St. A anytime.....midweek too works for me...I'm easy like Sunday morning.... :cool!:

ChromeGorilla
07-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Budman, Fish, Florida gator..how about it? Come to the Glen!

I'll email LastTango as well....if he's n town he'll probably go....he's just got to many damn hobbies....Donzi...PCA.... :bonk:

Bud, if you come to the Glen I'll go to Suwannee.... hows that for incentive?!?!?!? :eek:

Budmann
07-23-2005, 04:35 PM
C.G... would love to do the Glen but my daughter's flight is the 30th @ 4:30

ChromeGorilla
07-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow, it even says that in your last post....LOL :bonk: I'll still come to the Suwannee :wink:

Cuda
07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Budman, when are you coming over to ride the four wheelers with us. Deb and I rode Wednesday, it was real wet. Makes for more fun. :hyper:

florida gator
07-23-2005, 05:52 PM
The Glenn on Sat? Overnight trip or day trip?

Cuda, where would you run from? I'll come ride sometime. I can go just about anywhere on my Scrambler 4x4.

ChromeGorilla
07-23-2005, 07:24 PM
That saturday is a day trip for me (no cuddy). But you can overnight there if you choose. I plan on going Sat morning and staying till late afternoon. I launch in Palatka and run down. It gives you a chance to run the boat a little before hanging out all day. There are closer ramps but we like the 45 minute run down. I'm not sure where Cuda will put in.

ChromeGorilla
07-23-2005, 07:44 PM
George you know you and Elaine would be a nice addition too......I don't wanna hear how hot it is....water is a nice 74* :garfield:

Budmann
07-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey guys, we are heading to the Suwannee Friday August 5th and 6th if you care to join us! Come on Cuda and Deb and El Presendenta George and Elaine. Staying at the Best Western this time.....Lighthouse restaurant......mmm....

:lobster: :lobster:

florida gator
07-24-2005, 10:59 AM
That saturday is a day trip for me (no cuddy). But you can overnight there if you choose. I plan on going Sat morning and staying till late afternoon. I launch in Palatka and run down. It gives you a chance to run the boat a little before hanging out all day. There are closer ramps but we like the 45 minute run down. I'm not sure where Cuda will put in.

A little run before would be nice. I have made the run to Palatka from the Glenn in the past. I live southwest of Ocala though so I would consider meeting Cuda, or anyone else from the south, somewhere and running up.

Cuda
07-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I'll most likely put in right here by the house, and run up the river. Unless I change my mind and take the Formula, then I'll put in in Astor.

florida gator
07-24-2005, 11:26 AM
I'll most likely put in right here by the house, and run up the river. Unless I change my mind and take the Formula, then I'll put in in Astor.

Is there a decent ramp near there? How far a run is it? 44 goes through Deland doesn't it?

ChromeGorilla
07-24-2005, 11:42 AM
FG...you gonna go? The more the merrier

florida gator
07-24-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm seriously considering it. Just watching the weather and waiting for a friend who may need me to help him find a marina in Pinellas. It's looking pretty good for the Glenn though. Debating on the best place to put in. May try to run up with Cuda if possible.

Last Tango
07-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, it looks like everyone is going on Saturday the 30th to Silver Glen Springs. Unfortunately Sunday is my only available chance that weeekend. I usually cruise down from Jacksonville. About a two hour run from my house, each way. However, my "crew" has serious trouble leaving thte dock before 10:30 AM on a Sunday morning.
Saturday evening we are hosting a dinner party, so I am housebound that day in preps. Gotta help the wife get everything "just so," and then I am the Master Chef for the evenings' repast, and the Master of Ceremonies for the reparte.

I took Her Royal Highness (the boat candy) down to Palatka today for lunch at Gator Landing. About a 50 minute run from Julington Creek in lightly choppy water and a (very rare for summer) nice breeze from the northeast that kept the 18 right in its sweet spot at 52 MPH and 3250 RPM. Got awesome gas mileage out of the MX6.2 MPI. And I have finally realized that it runs just fine in the summer on 87 Octane (I save the 93 Octane and Sta-Bil for winter now, when the time between uses is longer).
Above Palatka, the river was smooth as glass. Hopefully it will remain so for next weekend for you folks. You guys really need to think about Sunday at the Glen, because if I bring the boat candy, she can be a real entertainment. Something always wrong with her little bitty Bikini's and she just can't seem to keep them on.
Towing events are currently out for me since I am (for the time being) tow vehicle challenged. Neither the Porsche 996 (my daily driver) nor the '03 Mercedes C240 sedan (wifes) are particularly well known for their towing prowess. So other than the Sarasota Gathering in October (I will rent something appropriate) I'm currently in the hold pattern on "away" events.
I'm considering an '06 Pontiac GTO, an '06 Dodge Magnum Hemi R/T AWD, or an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi. Hmmmm. The first two are sure a lot of fun, but not tow cars, really. The Porsche and the Mercedes are here to stay, so I have to fit one of these others into the budget, somehow

BUIZILLA
07-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey LT, my nephew, his wife, and kids, just moved to Julington Creek. They love it.

JH

Jamesbon
07-25-2005, 10:32 AM
How far is "the Glen" from St. Pete? If I trailered the boat, where does one put in? (Close to the Glen...)

ChromeGorilla
07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Nate, Cuda will be the expert on that answer. Fish is thinking about coming too. Would be awesome if ya could make it.

boldts
07-25-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm considering an '06 Pontiac GTO, an '06 Dodge Magnum Hemi R/T AWD, or an '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi. Hmmmm. The first two are sure a lot of fun, but not tow cars, really. The Porsche and the Mercedes are here to stay, so I have to fit one of these others into the budget, somehow
LT, is that Dodge the station wagon looking car Dodge is producing now? If so, talk to DonCig about towing an 18 Classic with it. Don towed from out West to AOTH this year with one of those AWD station wagon looking Magnums. Really cool looking rig!

Cuda
07-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Nate, it's about 140-150 miles from St Pete. Debbie just went to St Pete and back yesterday evening and had 295 miles on my odometer this morning.

The best way for you to come is to take I75 to Ocala, get on Sr40, go east to Astor (approx 40 miles). There is a good public boat ramp on the south side of Sr40 and on the west side of the river. From there, it's about three miles to Lake George, and then probably another three or four miles to the Glen.

Cuda
07-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Or, you can come to Deland and run up to the Glen with us from here. We are about 17 miles by water to Astor. No speed zones from Deland to Astor. :biggrin.:

Cuda
07-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Let me clarify that last statement. There is a 30 mph speed limit in the river, but there aren't any no wake zones between here and Astor.

ChromeGorilla
07-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Cool, so you can run WOT all the way, huh Cuder........ :biggrin.:

Cuda
07-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Cool, so you can run WOT all the way, huh Cuder........ :biggrin.:

Only if I decide to take the jon boat..........but then again, I did just pick up new power for it this weekend from my dad's skunk works. I may have to throttle back a bit to let them keep up.

Last Tango
07-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Bolts,
Thanks for the tip. I'll give DonCig a jingle to see how he likes his chosen tow vehicle.

florida gator
07-26-2005, 07:34 AM
How far is "the Glen" from St. Pete? If I trailered the boat, where does one put in? (Close to the Glen...)

Nate, you thinking about going? I am considering going to Deland and running the river north with Cuda.

Cuda
07-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Nate, you thinking about going? I am considering going to Deland and running the river north with Cuda.
Nate should come from Deland too. It's only about a 35 minute ride up to Astor from here, and it takes about 45 by car.

florida gator
07-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Nate should come from Deland too. It's only about a 35 minute ride up to Astor from here, and it takes about 45 by car.

Where is the ramp? Should I come 44? Is there plenty of parking?

Cuda
07-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Where is the ramp? Should I come 44? Is there plenty of parking?
Yes, there is a big park there called Ed Stone Park where 44 crosses the St John's. Lot's of parking, though I have seen it full on holidays. I've used the ramp next door at the marina during the holidays. I never have yet found anyone to pay for using it, or parking there. I doubt there is a parking problem there this weekend.

Cuda
07-30-2005, 11:13 AM
I had to bail on going today. We were short some material on a job in Lake Mary, so Deb's running down there to take it to our guys. We will go tomorrow.

ChromeGorilla
07-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear it Joe. You missed a great time. It was friggin HOT. Didn't rain on us at all. We got to the Glen at 10. Stayed till 4. Had a blast. Got stopped by FWC heading in. Did courtesy check and I was on my way. Probably heading back down the weekend of the 20th..... I will let you know.

Cuda
07-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Get any pictures?

florida gator
07-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Cuda, what time you leaving? Is the ramp right at 44? I believe we are going tommorow. Probably trailer to Deland and hit Blackwater for lunch and run to the Glenn. Call me if you're going, 352-422-7296.

florida gator
07-30-2005, 08:58 PM
So FG, how was the shower?

Not as bad as I expected. We ate good, drank good, blew through the gift part then took off on the ATVs.

I knew we would figure out a way to have some fun.

Cuda
07-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Gator, I posted this on you shower thread. I think we are going to Lake Harris instead of the Glen. I want to check it out in case we have a meet there later. I'll put in at Hickory Point. It's about three miles south of 441 on SR19. Probably hit Dead River Vics, or Crazy Gator for lunch if you want to meet us.

gcarter
07-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey Joe, that's something I can probably do tomorrow.
What time?
I have to finish filling the HE with coolant, clean the bilge, and put the hatch back on.

Cuda
07-30-2005, 09:43 PM
We're going to try to get out of here around 10 Am, which puts us there around 11.

ChromeGorilla
07-31-2005, 06:58 AM
Cuda, no pics. Was too busy having fun. Snorkling, throwing the football, walking around chekcing out chicks and we were rafted next to a big ass house boat that had a huge slide. There were a bunch of rednecks with goodlooking girlfriends who rented it who didnt care if we used it. It was a good time. Met a fella from gainesville with a '97 22 Classic. black and wite with a 454. Nice guy. Said he is gonna put it on the market at end of the season. He bought it new in 97. there was also a black 22ZX in there but the dude wasnt that friendly. Didn't see any Minx's though...... :biggrin.: :garfield:

gcarter
07-31-2005, 07:57 AM
We're going to try to get out of here around 10 Am, which puts us there around 11.
Don't wait for me Joe.
I may make it but I still need to do some tuning and prop testing.

Cuda
07-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Well, obviously, I haven't left yet. Battery was stone dead. I've got it on the charger now. I just hope we get out before the afternoon storms roll in.