PDA

View Full Version : August Gathering on Lk St Clair

Sam
07-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Anybody up for Donzi Gathering (others welcome to) in and around the Lk St Clair area :hyper: . If so let me know and we will pick a day. In the past we have found that meeting in the morning works out well. That affords us some good clean water to run in for a few hours, that is if mother nature is good to us :bonk: . From there we can meet in a bay and do lunch. I was thinking that we could chip in and have chicken, coleslaw, rolls ect. Let's get a priliminary head count started. Just as an FYI the water is warmer than ever 74 to 80 degrees depending on where you are. Most of the bays are in the 80 degree range.

See ya
Sam

Doug G
07-20-2005, 04:54 PM
We're in! I think any week-end in august is good (at least the boss hasn't said otherwise) :rlol:
Doug & Jerry

olredalert
07-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Sam,

-------As of Tuesday I have running boat again, so count me in as well. The Corsican lives.
-------I was at Browns late Tuesday afternoon and thought you were pulling up with a full load onboard, but it was another Anniversary full of people. Grey haired guy I havent seen before..............Bill S

-------Oh, forgot Corvette Carlisle is the weekend of the 26/7/8th. Hopefully not that weekend???

ITTLFLI
07-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I am interested but not sure of my schedule. I will check.............. :moped:

BLACKIE
07-21-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm interested, depends on what day is chosen. Haven't been running the boat much this summer so this sounds like a great time to do it. Any particular launch ramp in mind or do we just want to meet up somewhere? :cool:

Sam
07-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Blackie, I'll be leaving from Harsens Island but in times past the guys have launched either at Metro Park or the DNR ramp on the Clinton. If you want to save some drive time on the water there is a nice ramp in Algonac as well. I'll keep you posted.

Sam :cool:

Sam
07-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Come on guys, I know there are more of you out there. For those of you who have replied thanks and let's get the word out.

Sam

turbo2256
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I might be ready for my next outing

gold-n-rod
07-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Sam, empty your PM inbox. Can't get through to you.

ITTLFLI
07-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up your way this year. The wedding and job has made my trips dwindle!

I'm in next year though!!

Sam
07-27-2005, 07:02 PM
My PM box shows 23 saved with 70 allowed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmm ?

Sam

Ranman
07-28-2005, 10:44 AM
We're in.

As an FYI the Lake St. Clair Raft is attempting to break the World Record for the most number of boats tied together at once on Saturday August 13. You might want to work around that day for a gathering. BTW, I will be at/in the raft that day for sure.

BLACKIE
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I think I'll be able to make it too. If so, I'll probably need to hook up with someone experienced in that part of the lake. It's been years since I've been over to the gull island area and I don't know where the channels are now. I don't want to run aground and ding my Donzi.

Most likely I'll put in at 11 mile & Jefferson because its 3 blocks from my house and I have a launch pass for that ramp. However I could meet wherever the group wants to. Just need some directions. What time do you guys want to get together? We will probably only have smooth water early in the day so the earlier the better.

Ranman
07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Most likely I'll put in at 11 mile & Jefferson because its 3 blocks from my house and I have a launch pass for that ramp. However I could meet wherever the group wants to. Just need some directions. What time do you guys want to get together? We will probably only have smooth water early in the day so the earlier the better.

If your pass for 11 and Jeff. is DNR issued, it should also work at the Sheriff's Launch at the end of South River Rd. which is where most everyone in the group launches from. If not, the ramp cost is like $4 and it wouldn't hurt to see a new part of the lake anyway.

Directions: Take Jefferson Rd. (north) past Metro Pkwy until it dead ends at South river Road. Make a right and follow Sout River until it dead ends at the launch ramp on the right.

In the past we've all met at the ramp between 8am and 9am.

So what's the date going to be? how about Aug 20 with a backup rain day of Aug 21?

Sam
07-28-2005, 02:16 PM
What do yo guys think of August 27th ?

Sam

smoothie
07-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Sounds good! count me in :smile:

turbo2256
07-29-2005, 06:22 AM
I think the new launch fees are 6 bucks ... seasonal still 24 dollars

Jabes
07-31-2005, 10:13 AM
I'll be at "The Raft Off" Aug 13 also. Aug 27 sounds good too. Sam, still wanna try my prop?

Ranman
07-31-2005, 07:47 PM
AUg 27 sounds good to us.

Sam
08-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Ok, unless it's posted otherwise it's set for August 27th. For those of you that will be trailering and want to meet up with the gang meet at the DNR launch site at 33135 S River Rd Harrison Twp, MI 48045, Google map it. As for a time I would say 8:00 am, that way we can take advantage of the morning water. If anyone needs to meet up on the water contact me I.E. Bill, Blackie and others, I'll be heading out from Harsens island.

I'll have a a couple of routes palned depending on the wind that morning. I figure we can run around the lake (weather pending) and then drop in to the shipping channel. We can then run up into the St Clair river a bit turn around head down the N.channel and buz all my fishing buddies :angryfire hang a left into the Mid channel and play it by ear from there.

Let's plan on having lunch at Browns on the Mid channel. They have been fixing up the docks and have the most space, plus the food is ok for bar food. From there we can go to Muscamoot Bay and hang :anchor: for a while or your more than welcome to burn more gas if you like. If you have any questions just give me a shout. One meore thing, if anyone has a good digital camera and knows how to use it maybe we can stage some pics.............no Randy you need to keep your pants on :eek!: .

See Ya :wavey:
Sam

Jerry Eisele
08-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Sam, I'll see if I can run up for the 27th, sounds like fun.

olredalert
08-02-2005, 12:20 AM
--------Have fun, guys. Ill be at Carlisle...........Bill S

Sam
08-02-2005, 12:48 PM
If that's the case Bill I'll be glad to take your boat out for the day, I know you need the break in hours :biggrin:.

Sam

olredalert
08-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Sam,

-----Why would you want to go slower than normal?????????...........Bill S

goatee
08-09-2005, 11:17 AM
i've got a 7.2 megapixel sony sure shot.
just need a seat

Ranman
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
We'll find you a spot Mike, just come out.

boldts
08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Just out of curiousity, are any of you interested in a fall gathering at Lake Cumberland? I'm thinking of making the dates a week long deal. Monday thru Sunday. Folks could come early week (Magical Bill), all week or late week. What ever you have time for or vacation time left for. Might be a little easier to keep the kids out of school early in the school year than as been a problem with AOTH being near the end of school year.

Just trying to get an interest level. Sorry, didn't mean to take from the St.Clair thread unless you all would like to forgo for a Cumberland date.

KRAVEN
08-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Count us in for the 27th.I've got a 3 day weekend :shades:

Sam
08-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Yepee Kraven is in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam
08-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Ok sports fans, can I get a final boat count for this Sat on Lk. St Clair.
Here's the list as of today.

Sam-16
Ranman-18
Smoothie-20 Cig
Smoothies buddy-Minx
Doug Lovins-18
Kraven-18
Bkackie-18
Goatee-Co-Pilot
Turbo ?? 25 Sunsation (Turbo are you in ? )
Jabes-22 ( Jabes are you still in ? )

For those of you who are not meeting at the DNR ramp on the Clinton PM me so we can set up a meeting place. Doug Lovins and I will be leaving from Harsens Isalnd, so Kraven and Jabes if you want to run with us to the meeting spot give me a shout.

THX
Sam

tommyboy
08-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Sam, I was hoping to make it on Saturday, I have never been to a Donzi gathering. I will not know if I need to work untill Thursday evening. Is that to late to get in?? If not I would like to hook up at Harsens with you. I have a 94 18 classic that I purchased in May. Thanks

Sam
08-22-2005, 10:41 PM
Are you kidding, of course it's not to late this is just a bunch of boat owners getting together to make the oil companies richer :D . I hope to see you there, by the way you have mail in your PM box.

Sam

Doug G
08-23-2005, 08:32 AM
As of this moment, we are 99.9999% in. We will need to meet up somewhere, since my crew includes my bride, daughter and son-in-law and granddaughter, we ain't gonna be anywhere near the boat at 8:00am :biggrin:

notdaddys
08-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey guys!

I'm also about 99.99999% in. Last year was a great time, and I'm looking forward to it again this year... and hoping to be able to keep up with everyone!

Tami

Sam
08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Excellent !!!!!!!!! this is getting better by the minute. Doug G and Tami you have a PM. Call me , I wouldn't want you to be wandering around looking for us.

Sam :cool!:

Ranman
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
For those of you who are not familiar with the area or lake and would like someone to follow, at 8am or thereabouts I will be at the Harley Ensign Memorial Ramp located at the end of South River Road. From I-94, exit at Metro Parkway and turn right off the ramp. Head East on Metro Parkway until you hit Jefferson Ave. You will be turning left at the entrance to Metro Beach Metropark. Do not enter the park. Turn left on Jefferson and head North approx 1 mi. until it dead ends into South River Rd. Turn Right on South River Rd and follow it until it dead ends at the boat ramp. I have attached a pic of the route for you visual types. This is a reat place to meet and chat for a few while launching the boats. It is $6 to launch and there is plenty of parking. From here, we'll head out into the lake.

If you are looking for local lodging info, I recommend searching for Hotels/Motels in Roseville (off Gratiot or Little Mack).

Holiday Inn Express - 877-531-5084
Red Roof Roseville - 586-296-0310
Days Inn Roseville - 586-293-3033
Comfort Inn Mt Clemens - 586-465-2185

If anybody has any questions or would like to reach me for any reason, feel free to call.

248-830-2390 mobile
313-255-4442 home

See you on the water.

DonziChick
08-26-2005, 12:13 PM
I just saw this post and would have put it on my schedule if I had known sooner! :( :( :( :angryfire (its my own fault for not looking in this section because I didn't think anything was going on)

I already have a camping trip that I am committed to this weekend. I'm sorry I can't come up and run the lake with all of you. at least think of me this weekend!

turbo2256
08-26-2005, 01:23 PM
And you thought you were being ignored

detroitdonzi
08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
havent had the old boat out of dry dock in over 6 years mybe next year have fun folks

goatee
08-27-2005, 12:15 AM
i know this is late but,, i will not be at the ramp. i will be in a boat. just later.
hoping to see you all at browns around noonish.
i would have posted this earlier but was having some server trouble.
i know i was on the list of people to go, i just ddint want people to expect me at the ramp. (i hate people like that)
randy, i'll call you in about 7 hours.

see you all on the water!

BLACKIE
08-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone was able to make it out on the lake this morning. I don't enjoy driving the boat in the rain thus I chose not to go this time. Any plans for a makeup date? Maybe the first weekend after labor day???

goatee
08-27-2005, 12:51 PM
got out, went to browns, not even open yet, went to deckers, nothin going on.
then pulled her out, and came home.

smoothie
08-28-2005, 08:23 AM
We ended up at the MGM GRAND....and glad we did the rain really came down hard.

tommyboy
08-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Rain quit around 3 got out and ran around for a couple of hours. Thanks for the dry clothes sam. It was good to meet the few that were there. I took 35 pics and none came out worth a sh%! I have had this camera for a few months and have not been able to master action shots Thanks again, if there is a makeup date let me know, I'm ready to go

Sam
08-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Your a crazy man Tom ! Although you really need to trade that flanel shirt in on a more modern rain garment :biggrin:. And yes I think we all had a great time well that is except for maybe Doug Lovins. I don't think he would mind if I posted what he sent me today.

New Trailer Tires 170.00
High Pro Gear Oil 20.00
Fuel for Boat 110.00
Fuel for Truck 50.00
Bad Trim Switch 25.00
Lost Weed Bra 54.00
Lost Donzi Shirt 50.00
Lost Cell Phone 250.00
Weekend at The Pilato Island Palace. Priceless!
Toothbrush included

I love this guy, I think we can all learn something from him. Anyway there is no offical make up date but I'm up for another date just about anytime. Blackie was thinking about the weekend after Labor Day.....I'm game.

Sam

olredalert
08-30-2005, 05:04 PM
--------The week after Labor Day sounds good to me, Sam. I will be laid up flat on my back thru the LD weekend but should be back on my feet by then. By the way, the prop from Smiths worked wonders on my old Corsican. Tamed a bunch of the chine-walk, accelerates better, and even seems to ride better. Cant wait to take Kraven for another ride!!!!!!!..........Bill S

Sam
08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Me to Bill, it's been a long time since I've been for a ride. I'll call you soon................take care.

Sam