PDA

View Full Version : Moving to GA

DonRatto
07-19-2005, 08:01 AM
:biggrin.: Just to let everyone know I am going to be moving to GA, in Sept, Taken over the Service Dept. for my company and will be moving down as soon as my house sells up in CT, Moving east of Atlanta, which is Gwinnett county and Walton County, that is where I would like to be, I know there are some board members who live in that area, so maybe we will be able to hook up, and with the new increase in money, I will be looking for boats much harder now. Talk to everyone later. Donnie Rat

ChromeGorilla
07-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Alright! Another Yankee comin down to joja! Welcome!

DonRatto
07-19-2005, 08:13 AM
:cool!: Makes me a damn yankee now, cause I stayin. Chrome, how is lake lanier, my boss is from there and says its a dirty lake, lake hallowell or hartwell seems nice in SC?

ChromeGorilla
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Never boated up there. I live off of 95 on the GA/FL border. I boat mostly on the St Johns in Jacksonville and the ICW.

Woodsy
07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Now we will have a "Winni Bandits" Georgia chapter..... That will make for a really good t-shirt!

Best of luck to you & Joy! See you next weekend at the Winni Run! Tell your dad I said hello!

Woodsy

dfunde01
07-19-2005, 12:20 PM
:cool!: Makes me a damn yankee now, cause I stayin. Chrome, how is lake lanier, my boss is from there and says its a dirty lake, lake hallowell or hartwell seems nice in SC?
Lanier is not so much dirty as it is busy. On summer weekends, and week days too, the Southern end of the lake is just slammed, but the North end of the lake is fine. I live 8 miles from Lanier but bought a place on Hartwell. If you settle in the NE Gwinnett or Braselton area near I-85 you can be wet on Hartwell in an hour or less. Welcome South brother, but stay the heck out of the Hamilton Mill area. We have enough transplanted Yankee's causing traffic problems now.:wink:

Dave

ChromeGorilla
07-19-2005, 01:09 PM
We have enough transplanted Yankee's causing traffic problems now.:wink:

Dave

I know, we come down here with a clue how to drive, and in return we get the slow, southern way of doing things, and man are they dangerous.... :convertib

ChromeGorilla
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

dfunde01
07-19-2005, 02:37 PM
I know, we come down here with a clue how to drive, and in return we get the slow, southern way of doing things, and man are they dangerous.... :convertib

Chrome,

It "ain't" the driving skills that is the problem. It is the sheer volume of the invasion. Our little ole two lane roads just fill up with the new rush hour. The proper way (read southern way) may not be the quickest, but it only needs to be done once.:) One of the local auto repair emporiums used to have a sign behind their counter that said "Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn how you did it in New York."

Dave

ChromeGorilla
07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
With friends like this........ :smash:

DonRatto
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
:cool!: Its not me that you have to watch for on the driving now my better half beware, Woodsy, I think I might try to get Joy to come up next weekend and that doesn't mean I would tone it down just because she is around, its a certain Canadian I'm worried about, hey. Still debating if I can make it up, got to call Waleye and Mustang, work has been crazy but I think I will make it up next weekend. Donnie Rat