PDA

View Full Version : trying to post pics

lmsac00
07-18-2005, 08:16 PM
im trying to post pictures of my corveete boat under other boats for sale , the pictures were emailed to me, can i email them to someone who can post for me. regards len

lmsac00
07-18-2005, 10:53 PM
i tryed that and it says there too big. ill send them to you , thanks len
You have to download them to your hard drive, then use the manage attachments button towards the bottom of the screen to upload them to the board when you are posting.

Worst case, send em to x18donzi@bellsouth.net and I will post em...

McGary911
07-19-2005, 11:55 AM
There are several resizing programs available, some of the PC boyz can chime in here or you can do a search on the subject...

Here is a great, easy to use resizer from Microsoft's powertoys. Click Here (http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/install/2/wxp/en-us/imageresizerpowertoysetup.exe)

Super simple to use. It adds a RESIZE selection to your right click menu. I think it gives u 4 sizing options. Nothing to learn. K.I.S.S. is never a bad thing.......

LoneStarDonziGirl
07-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you so much! I was having the same problem and have been trying all day to figure out how to resize so I could post. :fire: Great and easy download. Now there are about to be more pictures of the Island get together. Thanks Again!

lmsac00
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, @ 1.5 MB each they are a bit large. :D :D

There are several resizing programs available, some of the PC boyz can chime in here or you can do a search on the subject... I used Graphic Converter on them, a Mac program..

Who's 18 is that?? thanks so much for posting and also the info on resizeing. the 18 is mine ,its a 2004 18 classic anniversary, in baby blue. one of one made in that color, real cool boat hull #007, thanks again ,len spallone

Formula Jr
07-21-2005, 06:01 AM
The closest I have found to Graphic Converter - a shareware program i dearly miss - is Irfanview for the PC. If you ever need a more sophisticated freeware type graphics program, this one is oky.

Greg K
07-21-2005, 10:32 PM
The easiest way to re-size without a separate program is Windows Paint.
Just open the image with Paint. Click on image on the menu bar and then streth and skew. reduce the sizes where the percentage is and then save.
:bonk:

Formula Jr
07-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Nice idea using Paint, if only it actually worked for all non- IE users.
Paint saves files as BMP. So with other browsers you have to set up the application mine setting to load Paint or Irfanview or Graphic Converter in order to view the file. Netscape doesn't open these as native files.
This is kinda silly in my view as JPG is a defacto standard for all browsers.
TIFF files and all those other weird standards just make life complicated.

Most digital cameras come with some sort of software and at a very minimum there will be an option to save the file as "web ready." This will pair down the size and pixil density to something managable like 3 by 4 inches and 72 DPI.
On country dial up 28k/sec, I don't bother opening anything over 300k because the pics just don't have to be that rich most of the time and I'm not printing anything out unless its a very rare good pic or close scan. I've noticed that there has been pic file size creep in the last four years as everyone gets better or first time digital cameras and seemingly unlimited free server space. That is all fine and good, but I don't really see the need to zoom in on a photo to the point that I can read what brand of sunglasses someone is wearing. Some photos do need to be rich in resolution but 95% of them don't. I miss being able to insert an image as a point of writing style. And that was disabled due to people inserting meg sized pics and trapping slow-mo netties like me in a browser page construction loading hell. The answer isn't broadband. Because if everyone had a T1, then everyone would be uploading gig sized files for no apparent reason.
There were many lessons that were learned during the old 8/16 bit BBS, Fido net era, and the most important one was to match the content to the bandwidth so that you optimized the resourse. In the doing of that, there was editing and thought and a consideration of the over-all message to be shared. In other words, the content was more considered and focused on, and this crafting made exploring the web more entertaining. It seems now, as netcitizens we have become lazy and just pics will do with out context of the experiences we are trying to share.

gee....some how this turned into a rant....... sorry....

Owen.