PDA

View Full Version : Pics from the Glen.....

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 07:29 PM
Cruised from Palatka to Silver Glen Springs today. What a perfect day! Just a few pictures.

1. John kickin up a tail
2. This was on Lake George. Water was perrrrrrfect!
3. Met this nice fella today going for a cruise in his 16.
4. John and his little girl.
5. This guy rafted up next to us. Velocity with staggered Ilmor V-10's.

There was a ton of members of the fake titty committee present in the Glen today. Hot chicks everywhere.... everytime I had the notion of snappin some pics the wife ws quick to comment.... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah...gotta love the crystal clear water...

Cuda
07-17-2005, 07:49 PM
That guy in the Velocity launches here by our house sometimes. I talked to him down at the boat ramp. He was taking it back to Ilmor for them to try out some new cams. Apparently, he made some kind of deal with Ilmor to use this as a test boat. I think all his maintenance is free.

That second pic is beautiful!

Just post some pictures of your wife then. :wink:

Cuda
07-17-2005, 07:50 PM
How long did it take you to run from Palatka?

Last Tango
07-17-2005, 08:26 PM
From the boat ramp in Palatka to Silver Glen Springs is about an hour run each way, depending on a lot a niggling factors:
1: did you stop at marker 23 to join the other boaters wading around and socializing on the sand bar. This is where the annual Scream and Fly gathering is each year for the Extreme Boats folks.
2: did you stop at Porkey's Landing in Georgetown for a Wild Hog Burger.
3: did you go straight south down Lake George all the way to marker 10 before turning back west to Silver Glen, or did you think you could run in 1 foot of water by driving straight at the Glen from the north end of the lake because you didn't look a the depth readings ona chart of the lake and just assumed that because it is so big, that there was plenty of water for you underneath the bottom of the boat, and ran smack hard aground within 100 yards of leaving the marked channel in the center of the lake.
4. did you have to stop for 10 minutes at marker 14 to barf up your Wild Hog Burger
5. is there more than 3 knots of wind from the east which will then cause 4 foot waves on Lake George.

Jacksonville Performance Boat Club spent the night there this weekend.
I spent the weekend inside the A/C in my house. Too darned hot and sticky, but still the perfect boating day today and yesterday.

gcarter
07-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Did the Velocity make you feel kind of puny?
Did you make the guy in the 16 feel kind of puny?

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 08:55 PM
George, cmon. you've seen me. I aint no little guy... I think husky is the term. :garfield:

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Cuda, less than hour. We go straight there doing 50 -60 the whole way with a few wot blasts thrown in. We go to the second set of markers in Lake george and then run direct cousre to the mouth of the run. I plotted it on the puter than transfered to chartplotter. No depth issues for us in 4 trips running same exact course each trip.

gcarter
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
George, cmon. you've seen me. I aint no little guy... I think husky is the term. :garfield:
Scott, you know I'm talking about the boats, don't you?

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Scott, you know I'm talking about the boats, don't you?

Yeah I know......just being a wise guy.... :biggrin:

gcarter
07-17-2005, 09:15 PM
I remember reading a cruising guide about staying at certain marinas in Ft. lauderdale and how having a boat shorter than 40" could be intimidating.

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Good thing my 22 would dwarf those guys under 40"......... :yes: :biggrin:

gcarter
07-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Good thing my 22 would dwarf those guys under 40"......... :yes: :biggrin:
OOOOPS! :smile:

McGary911
07-18-2005, 11:35 AM
WOW, that second pic is a great shot. For a second there, i thought that Velocity had a damn T-Top on it :eek: I had to do a double take on that one........