PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Daytona this weekend

Cuda
07-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Debbie and I took the Formula to Halifax Marina yesterday.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Leaving the marina. The boat was running fine, we got out in the channel and opened her up, but the port engine kept dying when accelerating. The same thing happened last year, and it was a blown power valve in the Holley.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:03 PM
We decided to limp on down to a restaurant with both engines at low rpm, instead of putting it back on the trailer. We went to Our Deck Down Under, right at the foot of the Port Orange bridge. Took over half an hour to get there. :(

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Nice view to the south from the restaurant.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:07 PM
After lunch, we went blazing back to the marina at about six mph. I was bitter even deck boats were passing me. :(

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:10 PM
They didn't have an empty slip for us when we launched. The marina called and assigned us slip C 30 in the north basin. When we got there, some pos was in our slip. We called the dockmaster, and he sent a dockboy down to see if we were looking in the right place. We were where we were supposed to be, and that other boat wasn't supposed to be there.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Since the marina was about full, they put us in the Mayor's slip, since they knew he was in the Keys with his boat. It worked out well, because then we could park the truck right by the boat. I ran down to Autozone and bought two power valves (wasn't sure which one I needed), then took the carb apart and put the new pv in.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:16 PM
It was the first time we spent the night on the boat. I was worried it would be too hot, but it wasn't bad at all. A nice breeze was blowing off the Atlantic keeping us cool.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:19 PM
We walked to a bar right down the street and had a few drinks. Then we bought a pizza next door to the bar and took it back to the boat. Only the finest cusine served on the Cuda Cruise. :)

After we ate, we showered and went to the Stockmarket Bar at the marina. That place was packed. Had a good time.

BUIZILLA
07-17-2005, 04:21 PM
that's a steep a$$ ramp.. :fire:

did the PV fix the problem? which ones did you buy?? :wrench:

JH

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:28 PM
We took the boat back out this morning. The engine I worked on seemed to be running fine. I hit the throttles to get on a plane, and I could hear the starboard engine breaking up a bit. After about 20 seconds on being on a plane, the starboard engine died. :( Of course, that's the engine with the power steering pump. :( I turned around and limped back to the marina on one engine and very little steering. It was tricky getting through the marina and to the boat ramp. At this point, I had very little steering, and not much room to do it in. I got her pointed to a dock, and headed for it. While I was trying to get to it, some other guy pulled up and decided he wanted to launch there. Too bad! I didn't have any choice but to keep going to that dock. I don't think he was real happy. It took a while to get the boat on the trailer at that steep ramp, and when we got it out of the water, it was about two feet back from the bowstop. We pulled it out anyway, then headed to another nearby ramp that wasn't as steep, and worried the boat almost all the way up to where it belonged.

In summary, we had a good time, but only spent 20 seconds on plane :rolleyes: in days.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:29 PM
that's a steep a$$ ramp.. :fire:

did the PV fix the problem? which ones did you buy?? :wrench:

JH
Yes it did fix it. I think they were numbered 12 -45 and 12-55. I assumed the second number denoted some sort of size, so I put the bigger one in.

Cuda
07-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Yes it did fix it. I think they were numbered 12 -45 and 12-55. I assumed the second number denoted some sort of size, so I put the bigger one in.
Btw, the F350 pulled the boat great! I couldn't believe the difference between it and my '02 F250.

BUIZILLA
07-17-2005, 04:36 PM
The 4.5 is for 4 1/2 inches/vacuum to open and the 5.5 is 5 1/2 inches.... with your lumpy cams, I would have used the 4.5's...

JH

Cuda
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
The 4.5 is for 4 1/2 inches/vacuum to open and the 5.5 is 5 1/2 inches.... with your lumpy cams, I would have used the 4.5's...

JH
Thanks Jim, I still have the other one, it only takes a couple minutes to swap them out.

ChromeGorilla
07-17-2005, 07:15 PM
I was bitter even deck boats were passing me. :(

LMAO! Nice pic!

Greg K
07-17-2005, 11:06 PM
But you forgot the best part..too damn funny.

Cuda's Punk Ass!! (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=7-16-2005-044)