PDA

View Full Version : Shooting

DonZi kid18
07-14-2005, 11:47 PM
alright,
well i have two hobbies. DonZi's and Shooting guns ! (at shooting ranges). This past week my dad and i just got Ak-47's. (the best gun i ever shot). i was wondering if anyone else love's to shoot guns for fun as much as i do !

Mini 14 (.223)
357 mag.
45. Cal S+W
306 bolt action
(many more)

Ryan
--------------------------

1983 Blue DonZi classic

farmer tx
07-15-2005, 02:26 AM
I love the way an AK shoots. We are getting overrun with cayotes here and the AK with 2-30 round clips WILL do some damage. :D Have to pack a Glock 17 for those pesky close shots.

Formula Jr
07-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Favorite skeet gun:
Browning Superlight O/U Broadway 12.

Favorite Auto Pistol:
SW model 59, 9 mil. First generation.

Most fun Revolver Pistol:
Thunderfive, Five round, 410/45 colt snub nose.

Home Defense:
SPAS 12. Pre-ban 8 round tube.

Favoite Plinker:
SKS modified for AK mags with compensator.

Worst gun ever owned:
TEC 9.

Cuda
07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
A few years ago, I was into it pretty heavy. Rolled all my own ammo, but I haven't done it in a few years. I have about 30 guns. Mostly oddball calibers. Out of all those guns, not one is 30 caliber. I've been thinking of selling off most of them. I've got one that's never been fired. It's a Browning Lever Rifle chambered in 358 Winchester. I can't bring myself to shoot it, so I bought an old Remington 760 that was originally a 35 Remington that was rechambered to 358 Winchester. It's my favorite hunting gun.

Formula Jr
07-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I've got a BLR Belgium Browning in 308, very fine, with vintage Redline scope, and I'm suprised at how little they bring at market. All guns have been shot at least a few times from the factory. I've run less than 20 rounds through the BLR just to test it- copper jacket rounds only. Other than that it is NIB but worth far less than I thought. Some of my other shotguns are not steel shot ready so I have to find real collectors for them. Real collectors are getting hard to find.

I prefer the SKS over the AK. Mine is an early milled receiver, chome lined, threaded barrel and is far more accurate than my friend's MAK 90 - stamped receiver, pinned barrel. But his will take the 72 round drum and feather fire easier than mine, so it is a hoot to fake, feather fire, full-auto with, especially with the comp holding the lift up down. And the ammo is dirt cheap, unlike the mini-14. The Russians really did know how to make robust, always-work military guns. The Stoner AR 15/M-16 is delicate in comparision.
I love the looks and lightness of the 30 Cal M1, but damn if they don't stove pipe all the time with anything but the 10 round clip and are hard to take down and clean.

And speaking of the SW Models 39/59. My shooting friend and I have run thousands of rounds through both guns and a Glock 17 - Blueline reloader made that less expensive. His Glock 17 has jammed a dozen times on good rounds. THE GLOCKS LIKE Ultra HOT ROUNDS. My 39 and 59, have Never jammed on a good round, Sub-sonic to ++ machine gun 9 mil. People consider the Hi-power and the 1911 to be the perfect autos. I disagree. The second Gen 39 and the 59 are far superior. And with prefrag ammo, just as effective in the gel tests. The fit and finish is perfect on the 39/59s with real wood checkered plates, unlike the modern, sneaker shoe looks of the new guns.

Cuda
07-15-2005, 06:58 PM
My other rifle I treasure the most is a Remington 7600 chambered in 35 Whelen. I've run a couple dozen rounds through it. I bought it when I was thinking about an elk hunt.

Formula Jr
07-15-2005, 09:15 PM
The biggest rifle i've ever fired was an old elephant gun. 8 gage or something, put me on my ass. Today, its a joy to fire a 7 mil belted mag in a valley. The echo.......oh that echo.. echo......

They didn't like the idea, yet I sent it any way for a t-shirt.

"Grin and Barrette."

Cuda
07-15-2005, 09:49 PM
My first centerfire rifle was a Rem 7mm magnum. Kicks like a mule. I have the same rifle in .243 Rem, and it kicks hard too. I think it's due to the design of the rifle. They are Savage 110's.

Cuda
07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
I have a Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70 that I loaded some pretty hot loads. It will definetly get the attention of your shoulder.:(

Cuda
07-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Wanna see some real recoil????? :eek!:
http://www.firearmsid.com/A_featurevideo.htm

pmreed
07-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Fired a friend of mine's Barrett .50. You've got to work not to flinch, but I was nailing the bull at 300 yards.

Phil

Formula Jr
07-15-2005, 10:21 PM
You've no doubt head the story of the guy that steadied himself on a tree with a 7 mil mag. and then dislocated his shoulder. .. Or scope eye.
Bring tissues ...... anyone? ;)

Formula Jr
07-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I use to have friend that was a local judge. His fun thing was to load up 12 gage balls, hand cast with a bit more powder than one would want behind it. I wouldn't fire them in my guns, I thought they would blow up. But his 570 12 gage seemed to deal with them well. You could take out a small tree with this with one round. Very close to blowing the barrel. And you remembered what you did the day before, because it hurt all the rest of the week. He was crazy. And now drives an interstate truck and wants to join the Army. Keeps failing the damn psych examine.

Cuda
07-15-2005, 11:36 PM
You've no doubt head the story of the guy that steadied himself on a tree with a 7 mil mag. and then dislocated his shoulder. .. Or scope eye.
Bring tissues ...... anyone? ;)
I did it on the hood of my truck. I bought a new scope, and apparently, it was mounted back a little farther than the one I took off. I lay over the hood of my hunt truck and lit off the 7 mag. It dotted my eye. :(

EricG
07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
I've just got a couple...
Glock Model 22 - .40SW - Pre-ban 15 round mag
M-1 Carbine - you were right Jr., mine jams bad if I use the 30 round mag, but I've got the original that works fine.

Wanted:
Garand...please :biggrin.: :banghead:

My dad's got an SKS that I love to shoot...I intend on stealing it someday :rolleyes:

-EG

DonZi kid18
07-16-2005, 08:51 PM
well i think that everyone needs a hummer and a .50 cal on the roof ! But just an single shot .50 cal on a tripod ! that should do the trick

Ha :rlol:

Ryan
--------------------
1983 DonZi Blue 18 Classic

Rootsy
07-17-2005, 09:55 AM
guns? oh the list is long....

which reminds me i still have a recoil pad to fit to the 700 i built last winter...

JR

Rootsy
07-17-2005, 10:41 AM
i could fill up a month... and i'm still YOUNG ;)

JR

DonCig
07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
It's interesting to see that some of the people that appreciate fine workmanship in firearms appreciate the same in motorboats:

Lets see how well you know your firearms:
Shilen DGA 7mm STW (What does DGA stand for?)
Clayton Nelson 7 x 57
Colt Sauer 300 Win. Mag.
Wichita 22-250 Single Shot with a Shilen SS Barrell.
Schultz & Larson .243

DonCig

Rootsy
07-18-2005, 07:14 AM
It's interesting to see that some of the people that appreciate fine workmanship in firearms appreciate the same in motorboats:

Lets see how well you know your firearms:
Shilen DGA 7mm STW (What does DGA stand for?)
Clayton Nelson 7 x 57
Colt Sauer 300 Win. Mag.
Wichita 22-250 Single Shot with a Shilen SS Barrell.
Schultz & Larson .243

DonCig

Dangerous Game Action

JimG
07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Doncig, some sweet stuff there!

Before we started boating heavily, Janet and I did a lot of shooting. Sometimes 2-3k rounds a week, avg 1k rounds a week (spent a LOT of time at the reloading bench!). We shot PPC (stock police), steel plates and bowling pin with wheelguns mainly. All S&W's. I own autos, but don't shoot them much. Prefer DA Smith's, always shoot double action even on long range. (Shot silhouette once on a whim, shot the entire course DA. Every one though I was nuts! Cleaned the rams, though!) Got a few rifles, also.

Janet's a crack shot, absolutely deadly on the PPC course. :biggrin.:

JimG

Cuda
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Deb can outshoot me with a rifle. Once we were at Ocala NF at the range. She shot two rounds standing with her 35 Rem at 100 yard and put them within an inch of each other. She can't touch me with a pistol or shotgun though. :)