PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice The Movie

Shanghied Again
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Looks like there will be a new Miami Vice boat for the movie.. Actually several Donzi will be sending a few boats over for the Movie I know one of them will be a 43ZR. I can't wait till this movie comes out :biggrin.:

Dalelama
07-14-2005, 10:51 PM
There might be some Classics in the film too! :)

Cuda
07-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I hear the Barcardi boat will be in the movie too.

Mr X
07-15-2005, 07:16 AM
They will be filiming this Sunday, several of the race boats are heading there directly after the race........not even pulling out of the water, just heading south after the checkerd flag.:checkered

Sport
07-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Due to Crocket pimp'n back in the day I fell in love with power boats when I was a boy. He was pretty cool ! When I was 25 I bought my first Scarab, a 24 w/ a 454. My first time out on it I thought of Crocket and smiled. I shall raise my first beer after work to Crocket, the man who made having a pet croc cool.

Sport !

BUIZILLA
07-15-2005, 07:28 AM
They will be filiming this Sunday, several of the race boats are heading there directly after the race........not even pulling out of the water, just heading south after the checkerd flag.:checkered
Ted, where is this taking place ???

JH

boldts
07-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Two stylish detectives fight crime in South Beach, Miami. Based on the 1980s television drama.
Genres: Action/Adventure and Drama

Release Date: July 28, 2006 Nationwide.
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Distributor: Universal Pictures

Too bad we have to wait a year to see it. I can't wait as I loved the TV show and wouldn't miss it when it was on. Favorite episode was where Bill Russle was a judge playing the father of a baskitball player son who he asked to forfet a game so the judge didn't get killed by the mob. He rode in a Donzi tender to get to his yacht. And then there was the show where drug runners created a race with big money going to the winners to get drugs into Miami and of course Crocket and Tubbs had the Scarab entered. Dang I loved that show. Can't wait to see the movie. Got to see Don Johnson when he drove the #50 Cat at the World Championships in Atlantic City. Great memories!

pmreed
07-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Jim, I think Dania (http://www.apba-offshore.com/events.cfm?action=details&ID=42) .

Phil

apollo24
07-18-2005, 03:29 PM
One of my customers' sons is in the movie. He works as crew for Bacardi Silver down there in real life, I believe. I will get the details and report back.

I can't wait to see this.

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!
-Metallica

Donzigo
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Boldts, that first year's episodes are available in a package at any Borders. I bought the package; because, my boys & I used to love the show. I saw that episode, and the tender was not a Dozni. Looked like one, though. They were in a performance race with their Scarab and the bad guys were in a big boat, magnum, I think. The package is $50 or so. Pretty cool.

sparepartz
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I thought crocket had a chris craft stinger 38footer and the episode with the race-that was a 50 cary. I also remember a episode with a midnight express center console with 4 mercs and gaffrig throttles-first time I ever saw 4 outboards on a boat and it blew my mind!!!

Shanghied Again
07-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Crocketts first boat was a Stinger, then the second boat that was well known was the Miami Vice edition 38 Scarab.

Dalelama
07-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Ask the Poodle & Buizilla about 4 outboard boats... they got up close to one last night! There was a Minx, Criterion & GT21 cruising about +55 mph across Biscayne Bay around dusk... and the Homeland Security guys couldn't understand what 3 rare Donzis were doing hauling ass around the Bay!?!

We checked out the Miami Vice set at Miami Beach Marina yesterday... they were filming a offshore race pits scene... I was standing where I shouldn't have been when Jaime Foxx walked by w/ entrouge... he was 1/2 wearing a flame-retard suit... guess he drives a boat in the movie. When the Director started giving some actor his "motivation" next to me, I figured out I better get the hell outa there or the SAG would want some more money!

Awsome deal running the Bay w/ Jim, Scott and Manny's BEAUTIFUL GT21...
Lots of fun... South Florida DONZI owners... we will be making this a regular afternoon event every week or so..... get involved!

boldts
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for information Richard. I thought the drug boat in the race was a Cary 50' also, but then I also thought the judge's tender was a Donzi, so what do I know. Cool to see a movie being made though. Can't wait to see it next year. For now, It's Spy Kids 2 for Donzi movie excitement. Sure wish they wouldn't tear up those ZX boats so bad though.