PDA

View Full Version : Who owns their own business?

ChromeGorilla
07-12-2005, 10:49 PM
So who on the boards owns their own business? More specificaly for those who do, do any of you personally review resumes on a fairly regular basis?

onesubdrvr
07-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Well Scott, I don't own my own business, and have been out of management for a while, but I wanted to wish you good luck on your job search,.....getting closer 'eh?

Wayne

PS, when you gonna drag "Damn Yankee" and Michelle down for a little boating?

TuxedoPk
07-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Scott- I did for 19 years and also reviewed resumes for a large public company. Feel free to call me or email me if I can be of any assistance.

Rich (201) 669-7175

ChromeGorilla
07-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, getting close Wayne. Thanks for the support brother. I am so excited about the next step in my life. Some call me stupid and some say go get'em, all I know is I know whats right for me right now. Am I a little scared sure, but VERY excited to start a new career. Was gonna see if maybe someone who hires people to work for them could give me a little feedback on my resume. I am sending it out for the first time tommorrow... :crossfing

ChromeGorilla
07-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Scott- I did for 19 years and also reviewed resumes for a large public company. Feel free to call me or email me if I can be of any assistance.

Rich (201) 669-7175

No chit. Thanks Rich I appreciate your time. PM me your email addy and I will email it to you. Again, a big thak you. :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
07-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Yes, I said thak you.....lol notice typing is not s skill listed on my resume...... :garfield:

onesubdrvr
07-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Yes, getting close Wayne. Thanks for the support brother. I am so excited about the next step in my life. Some call me stupid and some say go get'em, all I know is I know whats right for me right now. Am I a little scared sure, but VERY excited to start a new career. Was gonna see if maybe someone who hires people to work for them could give me a little feedback on my resume. I am sending it out for the first time tommorrow... :crossfing
No problem, been there done that, I will make one suggestion that is a life suggestion more than a job suggestion,.....

Don't just go for what you can do, go for what makes you happy. I know, easier said than done, when, we work (most of us), because we have to ($). Anyway, best of luck, and I'm a e-mail / PM away if you need any help during your transition.

Wayne

Lenny
07-12-2005, 11:51 PM
... :( I am sooo close to gassing mine after 13 years... Man, what a lot of headaches and "chit" .

Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is REALLY bad. A lot of stress. I don't pay attention to resumes' , I have enough problems in a day..

Dr. Dan
07-13-2005, 12:17 AM
:smash: Chrome ... I have over 20 years experience in Hiring an Firing...my email is drdan93@adelphia.net and the Office Fax is 717-227-2980 it goes directly to my office... I will be at 1000 Isles until Sunday...

But I would be happy to offer a review.

Also I wanted to confirm your mailing address... I have a couple of items to send you, if its the same as it was on your last private mail...then I got it.

Good Luck

Doc :bighug:

txtaz
07-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Chrome...Good luck with the job hunt. If you need another review let me know. mailto:wes.wilhour@sbcglobal.net
Ine big thing these days are to match your resume to the specific job. Companies are using keyword matching software to pare down the list of resumes before going to the hiring manager. Some jobs here are getting 1000 resumes a day. Networking and face to face meets are the best way to get hired.
Good luck.
Wes

vgraham882
07-13-2005, 12:40 PM
My wife and I have our own business www.securityideas.com (http://www.securityideas.com) and read resumes. Recently read about 20 of them including my son's who was looking for input in his field. If you would like me to take a look email it to vince@securityideas.com

Vince