PDA

View Full Version : Blue Beast mini update

MOP
07-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Been playing with props amongst other things. First run with the 28's was poor 3600, went to 24's made 4100. I finally hit 5 hours on the clock so I kicked the timing up from 8 to 10 with total 30 a few more degrees left, I got a set of 22's and finally got to try it today. I was expecting maybe 4500 but hit 4600, I decided to pull the mufflers and give it one more try. It was super nasty on the bay but I hit 5000 so screw the mufflers, speed is off 4 miles slower then last year at same RPM. So now we have a lot of noise and less go but still experimenting, atleast I can tag along at 1K! Have to try a set of 27 BH's to see what happens, if that don't work then its Bravo time.

As far as the rest of the boat still not fully done but coming, put a set of Bennet 12X12's on, was real glad I had them today bay was boiling with 35 MPH winds. Will show up not looking any better then last year that I will work on this fall.

Phil

jstokes8407
07-12-2005, 07:38 PM
At least you have 5 hours It have 2.9 on my new engine. I finnaly got my new dash and it's beyond My expectations. I hope 2 catch up 2 you out on the water maybe 1 night after work or 1 weekend soon. I have a 28 pitch preditor prop that came on my boat and is no use to me if you want 2 try it.