PDA

View Full Version : Fishing gear

onesubdrvr
07-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Just curious

What weight rods / line / reels are you guys using here in Florida, I'm anticipating 30-50lb gear...

Oh yeah, off shore, King's, Dolphins, Cobia, etc.

Thanks
Wayne

MainBrain
07-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Shimano 6'6" stand-up rods w/ Shimano TLD 25's and 30lb test. A few Penn spinners on standby for the schoolies and bay water species.

sparepartz
07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
shimano tld 20's and penn ss 7500 spinners on custom rods form jr custom rods in jupiter.I fish in the palm beach area and that should all you need. I have yet to be spooled,close though. it make the fight much better than winching fish to the boat.

onesubdrvr
07-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the input guys,.....time to go shopping!!!

Also, does anyone know where to get repair parts for reels? I've got a Penn 45ss that I need springs / bail for - this with my UglyStick have many many miles on them, S. Africa, CA., CT., FL., TX......

Joe,

You're right about the kids equipment, I went over to a friends house tonight - he's moving and I picked up some "garage stuff", included was (2) Zebco ZX22's. Growing up, MY first reel was a Diawa, light duty,.... it's all they need (for now) and I can't count the lbs. of shrimp I went through at their age. Me, I like live bait, favorite river fishing is Flounder / Red's and for fun, blues on a spoon! Off shore would be kings (mmmmmm, 1 inch steaks bbq'd) and cobia

Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Ugly sticks rock.. ALL my rods are based on their blanks..

Somewhere up there has to be a good tackle shop that does repairs. Otherwise, in Miami there is Captain Harry's... Next time your down check them out, you will not leave there with the same amount of $$$ in your pockets you walked in with..

BTW, whens lunch again?? :) :)
If there isn't one up here (which I'm SURE there is), sounds like a business opportunity to my liking :) .

I don't know about making it south again, I haven't made it that way since last time :frown: , Lots and lots of time lately around Orlando, Cocoa, etc. But I'll tell 'ya this, next time I'm in the area, I'll give 'ya a buzz. It's my turn!!
and I have a confession to make,.... I REALLY REALLY like good tackle shops, I GUARANTEE I'd leave darn near broke!! :eek:

Wayne

sparepartz
07-13-2005, 09:26 PM
if you like killer tackle shops go to finest kind in stuart-you'll really leave there broke! also "just fishing consignment" in n palm beach is a good shop and he does lots of repairs too,also lott bros. always a lot of repair action going on in those two spots when I go in.

onesubdrvr
07-13-2005, 09:39 PM
if you like killer tackle shops go to finest kind in stuart-you'll really leave there broke! also "just fishing consignment" in n palm beach is a good shop and he does lots of repairs too,also lott bros. always a lot of repair action going on in those two spots when I go in.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll look 'em up this weekend :D

OH yeah, is it pay-day yet? :D

Wayne