PDA

View Full Version : We are officially FORMER Donzi owners

2biguns
07-11-2005, 01:18 PM
As of last week, our Z-29 is now in the very capable hands of a fine fellow from Gatlinburg, TN. The only true downside to the deal is that he is a TENNESSEE FAN :kaioken:

I don't know what was harder: Selling the Donzi to a Volunteer or facing the fact that my sister, who was at the time pregnant with our brother's child and threatening to go to work for Walmart (and thus stop her food stams), was about to start dating an Auburn fan.

I've told Carl (new owner) about this site and hope that he will register and become a part of this site. You guys are great and we'll greatly miss being a part of the Donzi community. We'll still lurk around and post from time to time and one day, after Stella gets a little older, we're going to return to a higher-performance boat. In the meantime, we'll be quite content easing around in our bimini-covered Formula (sorry, Cuda) and enjoy the world of quiet boating.

mphatc
07-11-2005, 06:26 PM
don't know what was harder: Selling the Donzi to a Volunteer or facing the fact that my sister, who was at the time pregnant with our brother's child and threatening to go to work for Walmart (and thus stop her food stams), was about to start dating an Auburn fan.

Yikes . .I had to read this several times, and now I sit here with the sound of dueling banjos in my mind . . . :wink:

Call us when you get your ZX54 CDMA is hard at work on it! :wink:

BTW, it comes stock with a bimini! . .and what's wrong with Formulas?

Mario
looking for something to replace the Chaparral, it's either a Formula or a Black Widow . . . . .

The Hedgehog
07-11-2005, 08:53 PM
That was a nice looking boat you sold. I hate the problem with the Tennessee situation. :toiletpap I am fortunately to have just moved back to the Homeland (SE Alabama). I guess that I will have to change my name. It is great to be back in football country. Roll Tide

Hopefully you will get to come back to the Force in the future.

As of last week, our Z-29 is now in the very capable hands of a fine fellow from Gatlinburg, TN. The only true downside to the deal is that he is a TENNESSEE FAN :kaioken:

I don't know what was harder: Selling the Donzi to a Volunteer or facing the fact that my sister, who was at the time pregnant with our brother's child and threatening to go to work for Walmart (and thus stop her food stams), was about to start dating an Auburn fan.

I've told Carl (new owner) about this site and hope that he will register and become a part of this site. You guys are great and we'll greatly miss being a part of the Donzi community. We'll still lurk around and post from time to time and one day, after Stella gets a little older, we're going to return to a higher-performance boat. In the meantime, we'll be quite content easing around in our bimini-covered Formula (sorry, Cuda) and enjoy the world of quiet boating.

2biguns
07-12-2005, 08:34 AM
That was a nice looking boat you sold. I hate the problem with the Tennessee situation. :toiletpap I am fortunately to have just moved back to the Homeland (SE Alabama). I guess that I will have to change my name. It is great to be back in football country. Roll Tide

Hopefully you will get to come back to the Force in the future.

What part of SE Alabama? My mom's side of the family (or "her folks" as they say down there) are from Headland with a scattering of cousings throughout the Wiregrass.

The Formula is the greatest boat ever. I'm just trying to convince Amy to let me install a Corsa silent choice system! :bonk:

Last Tango
07-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Well, in case you forgot, a Formula is a Don Aronow boat. I knew that you knew that, but sometimes you just have to drive that point home. So you needn't skulk away. Stella just has moved upscale a bit for more comfort for her parents. Keep posting and participating.

2biguns
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Well, in case you forgot, a Formula is a Don Aronow boat. I knew that you knew that, but sometimes you just have to drive that point home. So you needn't skulk away. Stella just has moved upscale a bit for more comfort for her parents. Keep posting and participating.

Mark, you are the KING. That little tidbit of knowledge had at one time occupied a small corner of my brain which has long since been written over by the script to the latest Dora the Explorer episode or Elmo's epic battle with Pooh Bear over who gets to occupy the sacred space next to Stella's bed.

So, TECHNICALLY it can be argued that I still own a quasi-Donzi and I can keep all my Donzi paraphernalia!

Last Tango
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
No "quasi" to it, Steve. Formulas (Formulae?) are a welcome part of the brother and sisterhood on this board, and a welcome addition to any Donzi event. It's all about the people and the boats, you know.
Besides, Donzi Fever is not a curable disease. It can be kept in semi-remission for only so long. Stella will let you know when it is okay to move back to mainlining again.
During your therapy period you are most welcome to come to ANY SEADOG event with or without the Formula, but most certainly WITH Stella! No reason to cancel you reservations for the Hometown Gathering in October. In fact, I would imagine Stella will garner more attention there than some of the boats!

boldts
07-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Not to mention, she'll probably find a way to get you behind the wheel of 45ZX. :) Send me a full picture and the details of the Formula to replace your Donzi Z-29 picture and description in the Midwest Donzi Club members list.