PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Z25

Andy McCarty
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
For sale 1988 Z25. Teal Green, original interior. 454 330hp Bravo 1 outdrive. New Quickload Trailer. I purchased this boat last year. This is a great boat, just not large enough for the whole family. The lower unit was rebuilt last summer. The boat has 458 hours on it. I am asking 17,500.00 for the boat and trailer. I would also sell the boat if anyone is interested without the trailer for 15,000.00. I will be open to any reasonable offer. You can see pictures in the registry. Or if anyone would like to assist me in loading them please feel free. If anyone is interested please call or email me @ andy@taper.com or 859-224-8190 nights and 859-983-9618 cell phone. I will be giving a donation to the registry if sold through the sight or to a member.

Someone make me an offer on this beautiful boat.:banghead:

Ok i am lowering the price again $15,000.00... Someone is going to get a really nice boat for what I think is a steal. Guys please comment on this please tell me where I am going wrong. Should I just sit on the boat until next spring.... :confused: Who ever buys this boat is getting a freshly rebuilt Bravo 1 and a BRAND NEW trailer.

hbochs
07-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Where is this boat in the registry? I can't seem to find it? :eek:

Andy McCarty
07-13-2005, 10:10 AM
hbochs send me you email address and i will shoot you the pictures. Where are you located? This is truely a sweet boat.

hbochs
07-13-2005, 10:45 AM
hbochs send me you email address and i will shoot you the pictures. Where are you located? This is truely a sweet boat.

Hi Andy, I'm not super interested in getting another boat as I currently have one now that I doubt I am going to sell soon, just window shopping! In any case, I'd love to see some photos anyway....I'm in eastern N.C. Thanks! hbo@cox.net

Howard

Lenny
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11302

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11303

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11304

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11305

Andy McCarty
07-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Lenny, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I feel this may help a little bit.

GKricheldorf
07-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey Andy,

I got a few quick questions to ask you. Sorry not about the sale of the boat.

You have a green wire next to your distributor wound like a spring - where does that connect to? When i repowered i must have missed that one and i could not find where it went so i grounded it. I must have taken about 100 digital pictures before i tore it apart and just didn't seem to get that one in there.

Also your white gel coat looks really clean. How did you get it that white? Or was it that good when you got it and just kept it looking so good ?

Thanks,
Glenn

Andy McCarty
07-15-2005, 08:08 AM
G I will look this weekend where that wire might go. I keep the boat at the lake so i will repost on monday when i get back. The white on my boat and the teal also are in GREAT shape. I did have the boat color sanded this year which helped it out even more. I wax this boat about 4-5 times a year. I always wipe it down after each use. I think this helps. I have noticed if you leave water droplets on the boat, the dirt in the water stains the white. So i just keep her really clean.

GKricheldorf
07-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Andy,

Thanks a million !!!

Glenn

Andy McCarty
07-18-2005, 08:04 AM
G Unfortunately we didnt make it down this weekend. We had something come up at the last minute. I will be going back down Thursday or Friday and i will post after this weekend. I hope this hasn't messed anything up for you. Sorry.

GKricheldorf
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi Andy,

No worries.

Thanks for taking the time to check.

Andy McCarty
07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Back to the top.

Andy McCarty
07-25-2005, 07:35 AM
GK

That coiled wire runs from the distributor in to the main wiring harnes wrap. All those wire are bundled together and i didnt want to unbundle them in fear of what I would create. Maybe one of the motor guys on the board can help you out. Sorry wasn't much help... On another note would anyone like to make and offer on the boat. I'm thinking everyone is out boating and not looking at for sale adds. Anyone else have any input?:boat:

GKricheldorf
07-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Andy,

Thanks for looking !! Did you happen to notice what post on the distributor it connected to?

Mine is connected to the main wire harness the same way, bit could not find anyhting in the wiring diagram as to what it is.

Thanks Again,
Glenn

Trueser
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
The wire goes directly to the KILL switch then to ground.

Mike

Mr X
07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Should this be moved to the performance section??

GKricheldorf
07-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Not really - Andy is trying to sell his boat. I had asked him a question about a green wire.

Thanks Andy and Trueser for the info. I had the wire grounded, but not on the distributor.

Glenn

Andy McCarty
07-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Price dropped to 16,500.00 This is a great boat that needs a good home. New trailer, new guts of a bravo. This is a very dependable boat with lots of life left in it. :yes:

florida gator
07-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Will you just let this thread die? I made my last payment yesterday and would love to go bigger but I'm trying to convince myself I am better off without a payment for a while. You are tempting the hell out of me. Good thing you don't live very close. I'm sure if I actually saw it up close I wouldn't be able to hold back.

Andy McCarty
07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Come on Gator just come look at it. You probably wouldn't take it home. Make you a deal.. Come and see it and if you dont buy it i will help you with your gas home. This is a sweet boat. I am really wanting to order my new boat before rates go up. Come on just take a peek.....

sweet 16 1966
07-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Come on Gator just come look at it. You probably wouldn't take it home. Make you a deal.. Come and see it and if you dont buy it i will help you with your gas home. This is a sweet boat. I am really wanting to order my new boat before rates go up. Come on just take a peek.....

I am somewhat interested. I have the original 1988 brochure on all Donzi's that year. Sheila pointed yours out first -same color. What does it need. How's the motor and upkeep? Length and height of boat on trailer? Trying to see if it will fit in basement. Would be a nice adddition to my 1966 16' classic.

Thanks

Andy McCarty
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Sweet 16 the height of the boat is 6 foot 6 inches on the trailer. You might want to add a couple inches due to me measuring on a gravel drive. It should fit in a standard garage door. The length of the boat on the trailer is probably 30 foot. I can get an exact tommorow for you. We just got home from the lake for the weekend. All I can say is the more I drive the boat the more I want to keep it. But my family is in much need of the open bow. The boat is in great condition. The out drive was rebuilt probably 20 hours ago by Hilltop Marine in Monticello, they are a Formula dealer. The trailer is brand new Quick load. The motor is strong. Probably 460 hours now. Took a long boat ride on Saturday. I cant say enough about this boat. Give me a call tommorow night, Monday, I can give you more information about the boat. I would have to say that if you come see it and ride in it you will want it. Its a very addictive boat. :boat:
I am somewhat interested. I have the original 1988 brochure on all Donzi's that year. Sheila pointed yours out first -same color. What does it need. How's the motor and upkeep? Length and height of boat on trailer? Trying to see if it will fit in basement. Would be a nice adddition to my 1966 16' classic.

Thanks

Andy McCarty
08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Hey sweet 16 you still interested? Just wondering if the dimensions wouldn't work or what. Let me know...:wavey:
Sweet 16 the height of the boat is 6 foot 6 inches on the trailer. You might want to add a couple inches due to me measuring on a gravel drive. It should fit in a standard garage door. The length of the boat on the trailer is probably 30 foot. I can get an exact tommorow for you. We just got home from the lake for the weekend. All I can say is the more I drive the boat the more I want to keep it. But my family is in much need of the open bow. The boat is in great condition. The out drive was rebuilt probably 20 hours ago by Hilltop Marine in Monticello, they are a Formula dealer. The trailer is brand new Quick load. The motor is strong. Probably 460 hours now. Took a long boat ride on Saturday. I cant say enough about this boat. Give me a call tommorow night, Monday, I can give you more information about the boat. I would have to say that if you come see it and ride in it you will want it. Its a very addictive boat. :boat:

Andy McCarty
08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Back to the top. Anyone have any offers. I am going to put it in the Boat Trader this week. I would much rather sell it to someone here and give a donation to the board. Come on make me an offer i cant refuse...:cool:

florida gator
08-14-2005, 04:18 PM
What kind of speed are you getting. Can you post or email some more pics? Do you have any of the cabin, close gel coat, more cockpit, controls and layout? Any stress cracks? Oxidation? Dry, cracked upholstery?

Andy McCarty
08-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Gator send me you phone number and I will give you a call and let you know all information requested. I will also get you some more pictures. Or if you want to call me at you convenience (sp) my numbers are 859-224-8190 home and 859-983-9618 cell...

Andy McCarty
08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Back upstairs again please...:cool:

Andy McCarty
08-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Price is dropped to $16,000.00. :cool:

Andy McCarty
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Upstairs again!!!!!!!!!

Andy McCarty
09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Price dropping again 15,500.00. Someone is going to get a really nice boat with a FREE new trailer. I need to put this thing in the Boat Trader just want someone from here to have it. This boat is really nice.

Andy McCarty
10-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Back to the top again please.

For sale 1988 Z25. Teal Green, original interior. 454 330hp Bravo 1 outdrive. New Quickload Trailer. I purchased this boat last year. This is a great boat, just not large enough for the whole family. The lower unit was rebuilt last summer. The boat has 458 hours on it. I am asking 17,500.00 for the boat and trailer. I would also sell the boat if anyone is interested without the trailer for 15,000.00. I will be open to any reasonable offer. You can see pictures in the registry. Or if anyone would like to assist me in loading them please feel free. If anyone is interested please call or email me @ andy@taper.com or 859-224-8190 nights and 859-983-9618 cell phone. I will be giving a donation to the registry if sold through the sight or to a member.

Someone make me an offer on this beautiful boat.:banghead:

Ok i am lowering the price again $15,000.00... Someone is going to get a really nice boat for what I think is a steal. Guys please comment on this please tell me where I am going wrong. Should I just sit on the boat until next spring.... :confused: Who ever buys this boat is getting a freshly rebuilt Bravo 1 and a BRAND NEW trailer.

joel3078
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Andy, here is my guess.
Boat dealers are having one of their worst times selling boats in the last 20 years. Economy sucks, gas prices really suck, 25' is an odd duck length for Donzi - not as popular as the 18's and 22's and it isn't big enough for twin engines so it isn't a particularly fast boat. Your boat is approaching 20 years old so even though it may be really nice, lots of people are scared of age. Teal color also ages the boat and doesn't seem to be very popular.

Why is your boat not in boat trader, i-boats, yachtbroker, etc. yet? You will have to spend a couple of bucks to sell a $15K item.

I would keep trying to sell boat but do it with a new posting and let go of the past donzi.net threads. Also try and sell it thru other means besides just this place. When you get around to posting your new add here, make sure you include lots of good pictures of the actual boat. If you have good digital files (probably jpg files) let me know and I can help you resize them if need be and then post them in a new add.

We are all here to help each other out. This includes computer help, selling, buying, fixing, drinking, etc. Give Andy some more feedback guys. And remember Andy, ideas & comments are like assholes, everyone has one. Just don't take anything too personally.

Andy McCarty
10-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Joel, Thanks for all the info. Information is a wonderful thing to have. I was hoping to sell the boat to someone off the Net. This isnt working so I am taking the add to Boat trader this week. I am not very computer literate so that is why the boat isnt listed anywhere else. I look at the Donzi registry all the time Monday - Friday. I feel like the boat is priced right but i am not sure. I know what i paid for it and the shape that the boat is in. There are several Z-25's on the Trader in alot worse shape. Any more comments are appreciated. I will always be a Donzi fan and will own another. AND I will probably buy it from someone off this board. I will try to post a new add this week on the Board. Joel thanks again for your help and I might get intouch with you to try to help me post more pictures.

Andy, here is my guess.
Boat dealers are having one of their worst times selling boats in the last 20 years. Economy sucks, gas prices really suck, 25' is an odd duck length for Donzi - not as popular as the 18's and 22's and it isn't big enough for twin engines so it isn't a particularly fast boat. Your boat is approaching 20 years old so even though it may be really nice, lots of people are scared of age. Teal color also ages the boat and doesn't seem to be very popular.

Why is your boat not in boat trader, i-boats, yachtbroker, etc. yet? You will have to spend a couple of bucks to sell a $15K item.

I would keep trying to sell boat but do it with a new posting and let go of the past donzi.net threads. Also try and sell it thru other means besides just this place. When you get around to posting your new add here, make sure you include lots of good pictures of the actual boat. If you have good digital files (probably jpg files) let me know and I can help you resize them if need be and then post them in a new add.

We are all here to help each other out. This includes computer help, selling, buying, fixing, drinking, etc. Give Andy some more feedback guys. And remember Andy, ideas & comments are like assholes, everyone has one. Just don't take anything too personally.

onesubdrvr
10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Andy,

I think your boat is beautiful, and priced right - especially with the new trailer

I think when you put it in the trader, it'll sell fairly quick. My opinion is that most people on the registry, if looking, are looking for classics, or newer ZX boats. (Just my opinion). My boat has an average NADA of $11,000 and change - don't know what yours does, but when / if I sell the Ragazza, I'm going to start considerably less than that to sell, and I like you, have a rebuilt drive, and engine, but the cosmetics aren't quite as nice as yours ;) just something to consider.

Best of luck to you, like I said, someone will surely snap this up pretty quick once it's in the trader.
Wayne

joel3078
10-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Give me a buzz or an email Andy. If you can be on the phone and the internet at
the same time, I can talk ya thru posting your new add or I can post it for ya.
763-227-6365 or joelek@joelek.com www.joelek.com (http://www.joelek.com) I do computers and always love to help others out with this stuff. Fun for me when I see the light bulb go off for others when they finally "get it"

Andy McCarty
10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Joel we will be talking...

florida gator
10-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Probably a combination of factors. Gas, season, economy, etc. I have not been negatively impacted by the economy so I am looking to take advantage of the slow market. Unfortunately, as I have stated before, you are so far away from me. I haven't even had time to get to Tampa / St Pete area (1 hour drive). The upside to that is prices seem to keep coming down. So the longer I waite, the better deal I may get. Similar to the case with your boat. I have some interest and the price keeps dropping.

I guess if I had already sold my boat I would be inclined to buy a little quicker. As it stands now I am still able to get on the water.

P.S. I would like to find some time between now and my birthday (11/11) to get my new boat. It would be nice to have one then.

Andy McCarty
10-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Back to the top...