PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Jamie Root!

Riley
07-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Since I sold my Donzi I haven't frequented the boards here very much, but I need to extend a big "THANK YOU" to board member and fellow hot boat fanatic Jamie Root.

Jamie happened to be in town on vacation here in Cedarville this past week, and when I ran into some starting issues with the 350 Mag in my Checkmate he came over and in short order figured out that I needed either a new sensor in the distributor, or a new module for the T-Bolt 4. I managed to get the parts the next morning, and Jamie came back over (hangover and all!), and we ended up getting her started in short order.

Once again, thanks to Jamie and Patty for their help, and thanks also for the birthday cake!

Patti
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey..I have pictures of you and that cake! :tongue:

Thanks for the ride and tour of the Islands..it was a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed your b'day..I think we were all a bit hungover :yes: :rlol:

Rootsy
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
You're welcome Riley. We shot out of there pretty early yesterday morning, looked like it was gonna pour at about 7 am... Trust me... fixing the checkmate was a priority... hell of a lot more comfortable than cruising the islands in the 12 foot meyer and my 6 horse johnny...

think it is time some of the fellow donzi folks finally smelled the coffee and got up there to do some fine boating... think we need to begin some planning for next summer...

JR

Riley
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Patty, send me those pictures when you get some time. There are a few in there that should be a real hoot! And hey, what the heck was the name of that liquor you brought over to the house?

Jamie, sorry I missed seeing you off yesterday. Actually the weather turned out great....sunny and 90+!! The next trip up you really need to bring the 16, I can't wait for a ride in that thing. Need to show that jetboat who's the boss!

I agree with next summer and bringing some more people up. Greg has already agreed to be the host bar, and I talked to the Twp. this morning about using the Hessel Marina for docking.

Patti
07-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Chris, no problem..the ones with the kids came out great! :biggrin.:

I'll send them to you this evening.

Looking forward to coming back up there..people don't know what they're missing..it's really an amazing area :)

FISHIN SUCKS
07-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Since I sold my Donzi I haven't frequented the boards here very much, but I need to extend a big "THANK YOU" to board member and fellow hot boat fanatic Jamie Root.

Jamie happened to be in town on vacation here in Cedarville this past week, and when I ran into some starting issues with the 350 Mag in my Checkmate he came over and in short order figured out that I needed either a new sensor in the distributor, or a new module for the T-Bolt 4. I managed to get the parts the next morning, and Jamie came back over (hangover and all!), and we ended up getting her started in short order.

Once again, thanks to Jamie and Patty for their help, and thanks also for the birthday cake!
If there was an election for board member of the year, Jamie gets my vote! Jamie was my neighbor at the AOTH IV and answered/figured out things that no one could for two years on my widow. We missed you at AOTH V this year, maybe next year!