PDA

View Full Version : Z33 Double Bolster Seat Question

87Z33
07-11-2005, 12:05 PM
I noticed there was a toggle switch on the dash labeled SEAT and the seat has wires running to it with some sort of electric motor in the frame of the seat.
My seat was torn out of the boat and in pieces when I got the boat.

Anyone know what it was? I didn't think the drop out base was electric.
Was I wrong?

19donziz29
07-17-2005, 08:09 AM
This was for a power seat option. It moved the seat forward and backward only. I still have the base if you interested everything but the seat.

Mike

Donzigo
07-17-2005, 10:10 AM
The actuator (seat motor) can be obtained from a company called Motion Industries. They are a nationwide franchise. Look the up on your web search engine. The actuar will cost around $250. Ships out of detroit, I think.

Trueser
07-17-2005, 12:12 PM
I have the Frame/motor and hardware.

Give me a call.

Mike

87Z33
07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks Richard! What a wealth of information! you guys are great!

Hey Mike !
Back from the Bahamas?
I believe my seat has the fwd/aft motor...haven't tested it yet.

I am still in WI for the week, want to head to Franklin to dig thru some
boat parts.

Check out my cousin's new cam www.lakefrontcam.com (http://www.lakefrontcam.com) great view
of the MKE yacht club.

I'll give you a call when I get a chance to test the seat.

Donzigo
07-18-2005, 05:18 PM
The actuator looks like it's hydrolic; but, it's just a motorized screw that goes up and down. You can usually take one apart and grease it well and it might work.

FYI: These actuators are used primarily in the manufacturing industry, whereby things need to be shifted back and forth on a conveyor belt.

Trueser
07-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Yup. I’m back Man.

Just finished starting up one of the new motors on the 29 for the first time. Minor issues to correct. The neighbors stopped by and cheered. Should be able to hit the water for break-in by this weekend.

You should stop by your only 2 hours away. Give me a call...

What boat parts in Franklin?

Mike