PDA

View Full Version : Good Marinas in Pinellas County

florida gator
07-10-2005, 07:19 AM
A friend of mine has a big boat he keeps in Marathon. He figures if he moves it up closer to us he will use it more. If nothing else like a weekend condo. We are going down in early August to bring his boat up so will probably take my Donzi down Pinellas one weekend in between hitting a bunch of marinas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mr X
07-10-2005, 07:24 AM
A friend of mine has a big boat he keeps in Marathon. He figures if he moves it up closer to us he will use it more. If nothing else like a weekend condo. We are going down in early August to bring his boat up so will probably take my Donzi down Pinellas one weekend in between hitting a bunch of marinas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Unfotunatually the 4 largest marinas in Pinellas county have been sold.
chances of finding anything in this area are slim to none

Jamesbon
07-10-2005, 09:49 AM
They're all turning into condos. Slip/high & dry prices are rising fast.

Is he looking to keep her in the water?

florida gator
07-10-2005, 10:23 AM
They're all turning into condos. Slip/high & dry prices are rising fast.

Is he looking to keep her in the water?

Yeah, in the water with power, cable, etc. He will use it sometimes just as a weekend getaway (and I may have somewhere to stay when I run my boat down there :wink: ).

Jamesbon
07-10-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll ask the fellas at work tomorrow and hopefully come up with a good solution for you/him.

Jamesbon
07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Try these

www.harboragemarina.com

http://www.sailghsa.com/gulfport.pdf#search='gulfport%20municipal%20marina '

http://oneillsmarina.com/

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind...

If you're really in a pinch, I have a neighbor and fellow broker who lease their deep water docks/slips behind their homes. If your friends intentions are concrete, let me know and I'll ask them if they're interested in leasing a space.