PDA

View Full Version : Bad news from Grand Haven, MI

Tony
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
An Outerlimits took a turn during the Smoke on the Water Poker Run and barrel rolled. One dead, another missing and presumed dead.

Very tragic...thoughts and prayers to those involved.

roadtrip se
07-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Very sobering to say the least.

They hit the water at 70-ish, not 100+ Outerlimits territory, and they were wearing ribbon-style, inflatible life vests. Two vests were found in the water. The straps failed. Something to think about for those of you who think a decent life vest impedes your enjoyment on the water..

RT

Shanghied Again
07-10-2005, 12:26 PM
The boat hooked when they missed a check point and tried to turn at 90mph, Bob Russle was on the sticks and has a heck of a lot of experience. I will not disclose the name of the 20 year old but he was a great guy and a good freind (this is so sad). I don't care how much experince you have accidents can and do happen.. Makes you think :confused: My Prayers go out to the familys.

tamburello
07-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I was watching from Holland's pier and saw the whole thing unfold. I didn't see the impact but I knew it was serious when the Coast Guard flew though the channel at WOT and could see them performing CPR on one of the victims as they went past. I knew it was even worse when we started seeing the varous rescue boats zoom out the channel with divers aboard.

It was earie to see a 42 OL being towed in upside down and knowing that a day of fun turned tragic in a split second.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victims.

- Jeff