PDA

View Full Version : I found a Corsican...

JimG
07-08-2005, 12:36 PM
A Cobalt Corsican!

olredalert
07-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Very CQQL, Jim...........Can it be bought? Did it ever have a windshield?..............Bill S

boldts
07-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Don't try to call Bill for the next couple hours. He'll be calling every company in Seabrook, TX starting with the name Boat. :D Nice find Jim even if it is a splash of the Donzi version. Kind of looks from the cover like it was built with-out a windshield? Then there is all that engine hatch room for raising the X dimension.

Craig S
07-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Don't try to call Bill for the next couple hours. He'll be calling every company in Seabrook, TX starting with the name Boat. :D Nice find Jim even if it is a splash of the Donzi version. Kind of looks from the cover like it was built with-out a windshield? Then there is all that engine hatch room for raising the X dimension.

It is probably a 281 exchange...

I sure like Corsicans. Wish I had one.

Is the Cobalt ANY different?

JimG
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
It doesn't look like it ever had a windshield.

It's at Boaters Resale Shop 713-614-8884, 4321 NASA Rd 1 @ El Lago Marina in El Lago, TX.

The owner of the shop is not the owner of the boat. It's sort of a park & sell type of thing.

It has a HM small block, HM manifolds/risers. Guy said it was newly rebuilt? Engine looked realy good. No seats, gel was pretty faded but overall looked pretty good. Said the owner wanted 6k.

mphatc
07-08-2005, 06:44 PM
WOW! I'm surprised by the accuracy of the splash!

Owning C18 C32 I can see that Cobalt went to long lengths to replicate the deck accurately. Right down to the handrails on the ski lockers, which though similar to Classic 18 hardware are much smaller. The contours look precise.

The rise in the rear doesn't look any diffrerent from the real thing, and the Volvo install looks just like the original install on my boat. i.e.; no raised X dim..

What I am curious of is the hull, is it like the other 18' Cobalts where the hull looks like a Donzi but handles like a spoon? Or is it a precise copy?

Mario

$6k is C H E A P . . . . even for a splash!

olredalert
07-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Mario,

-----Figured you would see this sooner than later. The Cobalts are good copies. I still am unsure as too the hull quality as well though, and Im not big on thier colors and stripes and stuff. There was at least one Cobalt "Corsican" with a 427 H/M V-drive combo. I saw it for sale several years ago. Wonder where it went to.
-----I guess we both know what its like to replace the windshield, and even if it never had one it needs one. Corsicans just dont look right without them!!!!..........Bill S

mphatc
07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Bill,

We're making some Corsican windsheilds this fall / winter, We have the material!!! Do you want a spare?

And how is your boat running??? is it fast enough ???

Mario

JimG
07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
More pics...

Craig
07-15-2005, 02:02 PM
It looks just like Tony Sporer's friend's Cobalt GT-500 (Donzi Corsican Copy) in Michigan, but I don't think it is.

Have talked to Tony about his friend's Cobalt Corsican copy. Mine is a Sweet 16 copy from 1969 (a Cobalt XV-200).

Yes, the boat would have originally had a windshield.

Craig Z.