PDA

View Full Version : 1972 X-18

Liquid13x
07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Fresh on the market: 1972 X-18, white with brown stripe (and red pinstriping).

I purchased this boat from its second owner, a friend of mine, in 1995, because he upgraded to a 22'. Last summer I puchased, with my father, a 1995 22' that I found on donzi.net and although it seemed like a great idea to have 2 Donzi's, I just don't have the time to justify keeping both. I know that the X-18 is somewhat of a collectors item (there being only 171 made), but I think it's time to find a new owner. The Engine was rebuilt in 1995 (350 Chevy), and the guy who did it did a great job. Other than that, only minor repairs and maintenance have been done. The two front seats are not original, I purchased those from Donzi 3 years ago (I do have the two original seats but they're both rotten). The two front seats are white with red pinstriping. The back seat is original and in good condition, it only needs to be reupholstered to match the front seats. The back seat is brown.

Volvo outdrive; original trailer, totally solid but needs sandblasting and a paint job to look sharp. The gelcoat is original and in good shape. No spider cracks. Few pock marks. Could use a sandblast and polish to bring back that original shine.

This boat has never seen the ocean, although she has lived in the great state of Maine for at least the last 25 years. I don't even say the word "ocean" in her presence so as not to upset her.

Asking price: $9,000 or best offer.

nmorrill@gmail.com

tice652
07-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Definately interested in this boat - what is the top end with the 350? - any other rot?
Thanks
Dan

Fresh on the market: 1972 X-18, white with brown stripe (and red pinstriping).

I purchased this boat from its second owner, a friend of mine, in 1995, because he upgraded to a 22'. Last summer I puchased, with my father, a 1995 22' that I found on donzi.net and although it seemed like a great idea to have 2 Donzi's, I just don't have the time to justify keeping both. I know that the X-18 is somewhat of a collectors item (there being only 171 made), but I think it's time to find a new owner. The Engine was rebuilt in 1995 (350 Chevy), and the guy who did it did a great job. Other than that, only minor repairs and maintenance have been done. The two front seats are not original, I purchased those from Donzi 3 years ago (I do have the two original seats but they're both rotten). The two front seats are white with red pinstriping. The back seat is original and in good condition, it only needs to be reupholstered to match the front seats. The back seat is brown.

Volvo outdrive; original trailer, totally solid but needs sandblasting and a paint job to look sharp. The gelcoat is original and in good shape. No spider cracks. Few pock marks. Could use a sandblast and polish to bring back that original shine.

This boat has never seen the ocean, although she has lived in the great state of Maine for at least the last 25 years. I don't even say the word "ocean" in her presence so as not to upset her.

Asking price: $9,000 or best offer.

nmorrill@gmail.com

Lenny
07-14-2005, 06:53 PM
What is the Hull # ???

:)

Kirbyvv
07-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Lenny,
I looked at the boat yesterday. DMR18481272 Looks like we have 2 boat #48's on the X-18 list now????
Transom and stringers felt real solid. The stringer cut out for the alternator was not glassed but also felt solid.

Liquid13x
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Dan,

No rotting except for the original seats that were replaced. I've had the boat up to 63 mph, post rebuilding of the engine. If you're interested in more recent pictures I can certainly e-mail them to you (or anyone for that matter).

Nick

tice652
07-25-2005, 07:40 PM
I just want to know if the boat is stil available? I am having a tough time getting financed for it but still trying.
Thanks
Dan
Dan,

No rotting except for the original seats that were replaced. I've had the boat up to 63 mph, post rebuilding of the engine. If you're interested in more recent pictures I can certainly e-mail them to you (or anyone for that matter).

Nick

Lenny
07-26-2005, 01:08 AM
Lenny,
I looked at the boat yesterday. DMR18481272 Looks like we have 2 boat #48's on the X-18 list now????
Transom and stringers felt real solid. The stringer cut out for the alternator was not glassed but also felt solid.

I haven't a clue, but hull "48" in December of '72 ???

These things started right at the END of '72 and for the next 6 years only managed another 128 at that rate ???

Wierd.

hmmm,... where's Poodle ? :D