PDA

View Full Version : What's up with CEMENT availabilty?

Donzigo
07-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Two of my neighbors are waiting for cement roof tiles (One says he might have to wait up to a year).

(I had to wait 3 months for my roof tiles 2 years ago.)

a. Everybody keeps saying that the Chinese have used 40% of the world's cement for that dam they built. Truth of Fiction?

b. Is it really that hard to ramp up the production of cement?

What's up?

onesubdrvr
07-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Two of my neighbors are waiting for cement roof tiles (One says he might have to wait up to a year).

(I had to wait 3 months for my roof tiles 2 years ago.)

a. Everybody keeps saying that the Chinese have used 40% of the world's cement for that dam they built. Truth of Fiction?

b. Is it really that hard to ramp up the production of cement?

What's up?
I don't know about the 40%, but it's probably pretty close,....I have heard from concrete companies that ships delivering concrete materials have been close to the states and have turned around because the chinese are paying huge$$ for the stuff.

Is it that hard to ramp up production,....more and more concrete places are popping up every day, due to the growth in Florida, the existing ones just can't keep up. Roof tiles are kinda tricky too, as they are baked like ceramic, I don't know who he's going through, but he may want to check some people that are not local

Entegra Roof Tile (Indiantown, new plant being built in Stuart)
Hanson Roof Tile (Ft. Laud, Orlando, several other locations)
Titan America - Tarmac America

If I think of any others, I'll pass on

Wayne

Lenny
07-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Heard the same. They are doing the same to Steel and Plywood.

Next, the BIG ONE, is GAS, and there lack of want... Watch that one. :eek:

They are bearing, in their Country alone, 17 million new bodies a year at the current rate, and the REST of the World is employing them to do our Jobs at about $.10/hr so I don't see an end anytime soon... :(

Hang on to your hats Folks...