PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for 22C this week

DOOZI
07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
I am off work for the week and shopping for a 22 classic. I am considering the one in ohio but there are issues with that boat.

There is also a 94 model that looks nice over in IL. and the yacht trader link is below. Does anyone on here know who owns it and any details about it. I am only looking for new very near perfect boats. Sure I will accept some mods if they are to my liking but the price will have to be right.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1258121&slim=quick&

Can anybody offer any insight.

It may be wrong but I gave $15K in broker fees last year on our current boat and won't allow a used boat broker to make that much again with generally no service to justify it. I am still gagging. They were pricks for someone making this much money on me buying a boat.

NYStockboy
07-05-2005, 09:33 PM
What do you feel are the issues with the Ohio boat?

DOOZI
07-05-2005, 09:49 PM
The "X" drive has been stolen off of it and not yet correctly replaced, although it will soon be they say. It currently has a B1 2004 "X" model.
It still feels crappy to start off this way.

Dr. Dan
07-05-2005, 09:56 PM
:bonk: IMO Never to be Humble ... I would look for something more along these lines...http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39591

A 502 EFI is a great base to build on... Ask Me How I Know This?

If there are issues with a boat I would steer clear of it...also you could contact Frank Civitano at Typhoon Performance and order one....don't be in a hurry... there are some spectacular deals on 22 Classics right now... be patient, do verfiable research and ask alot of questions...

You will be happier in the long run... again..IMO.

Doc of the not so Stock 22 Classic.

DOOZI
07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I had seen this boat but it is a real long haul. Would take all of my remaining vacation to go look.

Doug...

MOP
07-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Some nice boat with more to offer then the YW boat, short trip 1 day there and :convertib :biggrin: :biggrin: 2 days towing back!

Dr. Dan
07-06-2005, 06:30 AM
:spongebob Fly out...take it for a run and Fly Back....if ya want it ya can arrange to get it later....worse case you could get a Piggy Back Tow going back your way....just a thought.... a 502 EFI is a really nice package... in lieu of the 496 HO which is gonna be newer, and likely more expensive all things being equal... but there is a 496 HO in Winnie that might be pryed out of the owners hands ... do you have a price range you prefer to stay in? Is any color OK?

Good Luck

Doc

ITTLFLI
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
I am off work for the week and shopping for a 22 classic. I am considering the one in ohio but there are issues with that boat.

Just to be clear he is not refering to my boat. However I did talk with him and have decided not to sell until the end of summer.

Byron

olredalert
07-06-2005, 09:43 AM
---------Good, Byron. Glad to see you have decided to keep your rocketship awhile longer. Try to find your way up to Lake St Clair sometime soon.............Bill S

DOOZI
07-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I was defiantly not commenting on ITTLFLY's boat.
The stolen drive issue is with the new boat in cincinatti.

laidback027
07-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey,

Doozi and MOP...I emailed you.

ChromeGorilla
07-08-2005, 08:24 AM
The "X" drive has been stolen off of it and not yet correctly replaced, although it will soon be they say. It currently has a B1 2004 "X" model.
It still feels crappy to start off this way.

If the price is right do it. I ordered a 2005 22 Classic last year and when I took delivery it had a 2004 B1X. No big deal. Just thought I'd chime in.