PDA

View Full Version : battery on/off position question

blueliner
07-03-2005, 09:06 PM
when the battery switch is off, what if any components should work??? my boat the trim tabs still function, but that is all. i was just wondering if there is a wiring problem and if those wires connected to the trim tabs should be hooked up to the bilge pump instead. how do you know if the bilge works w/ the battery in the off position??? i assume the bilge pump, should work, as a safety feature, even if the battery is off. any info would be greatly aapreciated.

BUIZILLA
07-03-2005, 09:17 PM
With the BATT switch OFF, the bilge float switch should be the ONLY thing hot.

blueliner
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
i thought they were reversed. haven't checked the float, but the k-planes go up and down while batt is in off position. other thatn that the boat is now running great. met a guy 2day who has a 30' 1976 scarab he is restoring. he gunned her to come over and take a look at my boat and aske dif it was a real donzi?? he invited my wife and i for a couple beers and we realized we know a lot of the same people. lots of oohs and aahs as i pulled up to their yacht club outpost (marina) mostly pleasure cruisers except 4 our 2 boats. he ahd twin 350's 60 mph on his end. nice looking boat. thanks
Tabs should be off. With the switch of,lift the float switch and see if the bilge pump works. If it does, you just need to find where the tabs are connected to power, and change that connection to the switched side of the system.. If it doesnt, then yes, the wires in the harness may be reversed...