PDA

View Full Version : X18

markdonzi
07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I am looking for an X18 but one that has an updated outdrive and fuel injected engine. Any outthere or anyone have one I would be interested in talking about what they put in / performance / price etc...
Thanks
Markdonzi

Kirbyvv
07-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Mark-thought your were getting a ski boat to keep Julie happy. I'm test driving an x-18 tomorrow. Looks to be project boat, a bit rough cosmetically though.

I am looking for an X18 but one that has an updated outdrive and fuel injected engine. Any outthere or anyone have one I would be interested in talking about what they put in / performance / price etc...
Thanks
Markdonzi

Mr X
07-12-2005, 12:36 PM
I have one that I have spent two years on.......if you want to finish it.

All new Gaffrig Blue gauges, all new wiring harness purchased from Donzi. Boat has a new Fuel tank installed, purchased from Donzi. Brand new Built-rite interior....front X-18 correct buckets and correct rear seat. Brand new Lenco trim tab system.

Complete power steering system including the mercury power steering transom rack. Steering cable and helm. Correct vintage Morse throttle/shifter.....that was sent out and powder coated blue. Brand new donzi wooden shift knob. Stainless polished thru-transom exhaust. Throttle and shifter cables.

The hull and deck were ground down totally and all totally re-manufactured, hand laid with the latest fiberglass resins and materials.

The hull has more added bulkheads and stringer gussets, the transom is totally new and un-cut.....the running surfaces are all cored for strength with the new aerosil coring material. The boat has been totally re-gelcoated, NOT PAINTED.

All this means that this boat is at least 3 times stronger than a brand new

one. It is also lighter. You could install any motor and drive you wanted.

Best price......$8500.00 including the trailer!! That is a total steal!

My email is: tedwork@tampabay.rr.com