PDA

View Full Version : American Pride

mattyboy
07-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Working down in the wall street area putting in a phone system for a British Co. and yesterday the big wigs from England are on site now seems there are a little displeased with the time frame it takes to get things done in NY, tally ho and chip chip cheerio and all that stuff ;) So this guy starts to go off on everyone in that British accent, why are the phones not working?? waiting on electric, why are the PC's not working, waiting on electric so now he goes after the electrician up one side and down the other, you'll stay all nite you'll work thru the weekend I want it done By Monday morning first thing!!!
I was really surprised you can only push a Local 3 guy so much before you have real problems, and this guy comes with the best comeback I have ever heard

" hey Nigil perhaps you forgot you lost the war, we'll be here bright and early Tuesday morning to finish up"

well now I know the look on the faces of the red coats when they lost, the big wig just turned and walked out defeated

it was priceless

MOP
07-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Local 3 will get a call from George, I know Tony will be anrgy!

ChromeGorilla
07-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Lmao

Fish boy
07-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Priceless!! :beer:

txtaz
07-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Sweet....
Have they ever heard of a project manager?

mphatc
07-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Ditto, LMAO

but my experience with Brits is opposite, they are slow as molasses . . .

ever wonder why Brits stayed with Lucas electrics so long, and Whitworth threads . . . these guys can't maske a decision to move forward w/o long debate . . Matty, Local 3 really expereinced a different Brit imho!

Priceless is that this guys says this on the weekend we celebrate Independance Day! :beer:
Mario

Chili 18
07-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Lets us just not forget who our buddy was standing by our side on the terror / iraq/ whatever... deal. Time to move on from the tea party... !

PS... Objective freedom and democracy just rocks..... Period! Happy Birthday Lady Liberty. We ARE STILL... The beacon of freedom for the entire globe... G.B.A. Let our courage endure and the fabric which binds us remain unified and strong.

mattyboy
07-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Taz,
the project manager is always the first one tossed off the job ;)

Mario,
from what i hear this guy is like a tony roberts type very aggressive on the move no time for tea, and yes timing was the point the Brit knew it was a holiday just needed to be reminded what holiday :D
we all got the Electrician coffee and other beverages ;)

Chili yes freedom Rocks and the people who have and are fighting & dieing for that liberty ROCK even more THANK YOU

and perhaps our "buddies" on the other side of the pond who are so fond of freedom would like to get the hell out of IRELAND !!!!!!!!

Forget the tea party no way!!!!!!

BTW if you ever plan on working in NY bring a sense of humor ;) :D

Chili 18
07-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Forget the tea party no way!!!!!!

BTW if you ever plan on working in NY bring a sense of humor ;) :D

:party: :biggrin: