PDA

View Full Version : Seat adjuster bar knobs

Dalelama
06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Need replacement seat adjuster bar knobs...
Stainless available?

Orig were plastic.........

Needed for Ken's Minx 435hp BBc / Bravo

Dale Evans
Coral Gables, FL

boldts
07-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Dale. Nice to see ya again. Still flying? The adjustment bars can be made pretty simply depending on how fancy you want to get and if you know someone in a machine shop. Easiest adjuster is one with just a 90% turn on the handle end with the other end having the threads made out of a good rust free metal like stainless. Other option would be to contact Bilt-Rite and ask them who makes the sliders for the seats and then contact that company about either the whole slider assembly or just ordering the adjuster rod.

opps, sorry, you just want new ends for the adjuster rods? I'd probably go the Bilt-Rite path to find the slider manufacturer. Again though if you know someone in a machine shop, you could have a real nice custom piece made. They would just need to add material to the back side, drill a hole and thread it to match your adjuster rod. There are better designers here than me, but it should be pretty easy and not too expensive.

MOP
07-01-2005, 08:10 AM
An idea, a few weeks ago I was drooling over a triple engine bad boy rig out at Claudios. I noticed the guy had chrome dice for the knobs on his seats, I asked he said he re threaded gear shift knobs to fit. I know the DICE are tacky but there are a ton of other available, maybe try a car Bling Bling catalog!

Phil

Dalelama
07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Ken just recieved a whole new interior from Built-Rite... awsome work (as usual).. stillwaiting on the carpet but the new front seats and the rear cushions were inpecable!

All the hardware is in good shape with the seats, just the knobs are history. I went ahead and used stailess wing-nuts w/ 3/8 jam nuts for now. Thinking about a piece of 5/8 stainless rod, drilled & tapped... that should make for a clean install.

And yes... still flying akro ... a bunch!

mphatc
07-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Just having struggled with this on my Corsican, where the seats are only 1 1/2" apart . . and no room to insert a hand and tighten anything . . . I replaced the 90 degree bent ends with a 1/2" bolt end welded to the SS rod.

This allows nme to tighten the seat in the corect location with a 1/2" deep socket ratchet wrench , tight enough so they won't move, plus the ends are under the seat where no one can get hurt on them if they're sitting in the back.

Mario
C18 C32