PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heading to Torch Lake this weekend?

blackhawk
06-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone heading there for the 4th? Will be there all day Sunday and hopefully Monday.

Trueser
06-30-2005, 02:51 PM
We were thinking about making a Trip up there. But we decided to stay in Whitehall this weekend.. Meeting Brad there with his 22.

DonziBlue
06-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Tomorrow (Friday) is my wife's birthday. For her birthday she asked that we travel north in the convertible for the day. I said that we could if we can drive by Torch Lake and check out the area and find the boat launches. She agreed. I want to go there some weekend in July or August. Scott, where do you launch? Will you be up there any weekend in July or August (other than the 4th)?

Mike, the other stipulation I placed on the agreement was to be back here in White Lake by evening so we can go for a sunset ride. She even agreed to that - life is good <grin>. We'll see ya Friday evening Mike.

Tony
06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Torch Lake is AWESOME! If you've never boated on it make sure you do soon. We camp at Barnes County Park on the north side, and launch at the county ramp 1/4 mile east of the park. The campground has a great beach on Lake Michigan, also. We cruise the length of the lake, usually have lunch at the restaurant where the Clam Lake inlet is, sandbar it if it is the weekend, and head back up the lake. The color and beauty of the water is unbelievable!

blackhawk
07-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Donziblue, I launch on Elk and idle down the river. Nice easy way to start the day and wind down at the end. Tony is right, it is an awesome lake! Neither words or pics can describe it. And the sandbar is a huge party! :biggrin:

paul nielsen
07-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll be going to the sand bar on monday, if the weather is ok. Be launching at Whitewater park. I was told there will be a stage set on the sand bar with a band playing. Should be fun with plenty of eye candy.

paul
1995 18 classic
white yellow stripe

DonziBlue
07-02-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks Scott and Tony. My wife and I had a good trip in the car yesterday. I did locate the launch in Elk and two boat launch areas on the north end of the lake. The lake looks beautiful. I can't wait to go with the boat next time. :yes:

Brad

blackhawk
07-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Went up on Sunday and had a great time! Put in at Whitewater at 10:30am and pulled out at 10:30pm. Weather was beautiful and a ton of boats. Got to run with a 36 Cig at the end of the day which was a riot. Nothing like looking over and watching a 36' boat pass you 40' away! :D

blackhawk
07-04-2005, 09:10 PM
A couple pics. Great looking Cig!