PDA

View Full Version : 28 ZXO w/ twin scorpions

donzidad
06-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a used 2000 or later model year 28 ZXO (bowrider). Prefer the twin 377 scorpion setup with quick and quiet option for the wife.

Anyone selling?

Sincerely,

Long time donzi enthusiast and owner,

Jack B.
:beer:

Trueser
06-29-2005, 11:54 PM
CHECK out the " FOR SALE" section

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38890

rare find and nice boat.........................................

Dont let it slip away..

BUIZILLA
06-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Talk To Frank Civitano at Typhoon Marine.
They are brokering a ZXO w/Scorp's

Good Luck !!

JH

donzidad
06-30-2005, 11:14 AM
CHECK out the " FOR SALE" section

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38890

rare find and nice boat.........................................

Dont let it slip away..

Trueser,

You are right. That is a beautiful boat. Unfortunately, it is not the ZXO (bowrider) model which is what I'm looking for. Keep a lookout.

Donzi fan forever,

Jack

donzidad
06-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Talk To Frank Civitano at Typhoon Marine.
They are brokering a ZXO w/Scorp's

Good Luck !!

JH

Buizilla,

I did talk to Frank last week regarding their 28ZXO before I posted on this message board. The boat they are brokering does not have captains call. (Wife requires that I have it). Typhoon marine claims that you cannot add this option to the scorpion setup as it would damage the engine. However, I have seen prior Donzis for sale with the scorpion setup and the captains call option.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with the scorpion engines? I'm also not sure I want to go the route of having a marina add this option to this boat due to cost, cutting of the transom, warranty issues, etc.

Jack

roadtrip se
06-30-2005, 05:28 PM
might be to just add full time mufflers. I have a buddy with 800Hp on either side with full time mufflers and it passes noise restrictions AND runs 104!

Not quite sure why a thru hull, straight pipe boat would be a problem to add silent choice on. More to the story. Shouldn't have to cut anything glass-wise.

I'd take another look at Frank's Scorpion ZXO... noise issues can be handled!

RT

donzidad
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
might be to just add full time mufflers. I have a buddy with 800Hp on either side with full time mufflers and it passes noise restrictions AND runs 104!

Not quite sure why a thru hull, straight pipe boat would be a problem to add silent choice on. More to the story. Shouldn't have to cut anything glass-wise.

I'd take another look at Frank's Scorpion ZXO... noise issues can be handled!

RT

Thanks RT. I may look at Frank's boat again to discuss those issues. In the meantime, I will keep searching.

By the way, you are fortunate to have a buddy with a 100 mph boat. I know I would enjoy those 800 horses running at full speed.http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

RedDog
07-01-2005, 08:29 AM
this twin Scorpion (ZX - not ZXO) has switchable exhaust -

donzidad
07-01-2005, 09:01 AM
this twin Scorpion (ZX - not ZXO) has switchable exhaust -

Thankyou Reddog. That helps clarify for me how the Corsa Quick and Quiet Plus/Captain's Call system works when they route it through the hull rather than the prop. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I would think the decibel level is lower with a through the prop system rather than through the hull with mufflers. Any experience with the Corsa system? How much does it really silence the sound when using the diverter to go through mufflers?

I am only familiar with the mercruiser silent choice system which pneumatically moves the butterfly valves to route the exhaust through the prop. It worked well on my donzi and fountain boats. :rolleyes:

JB

BUIZILLA
07-01-2005, 09:24 AM
I see the switching solenoids but I don't see the Y connector going down to the prop?

JH

donzidad
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I see the switching solenoids but I don't see the Y connector going down to the prop?

JH

Buizilla,

I believe the butterfly valves you see in the pics divert the exhaust within the pipe to the muffler part of the thru hull pipe. This is done electrically using the Corsa Quick and Quiet system. Here is a link below to help explain the system:

http://www.corsaperf.com/mcompare.htm

JB:p

Cheeseburger!
07-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a 2001 ZXO Scorpion that I have been kicking around the idea of selling. It has less than 100 hours on it and is in good condition. It does have silent choice exhaust along with all the other features of the scorpion package. I have had this boat for two and a half years and it has been trouble free. If you are interested, let me know.

Mike

Mr X
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Buizilla,

I believe the butterfly valves you see in the pics divert the exhaust within the pipe to the muffler part of the thru hull pipe. This is done electrically using the Corsa Quick and Quiet system. Here is a link below to help explain the system:

http://www.corsaperf.com/mcompare.htm

JB:p

Gee Jim, I bet you did not know that!!!

donzidad
09-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Gee Jim, I bet you did not know that!!!

I hope I did not step on anyones toes with the corsa performance comparison. I apologize if I did.:spongebob

Cheeseburger!
09-26-2005, 07:20 PM
the pictures are now posted on the "Donzis for sale" section of this board.