PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

gcarter
06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
You guys up North and West may not know it but most of Florida has received 12" to 15" of rain this month.
Well, I went South on I-75 to Tampa today to pick up some equipment from another dealer.
Between 54 and 52 was a VERY bad accident on the N bound lanes. It seems a trailer load of sod jack-knifed with the tractor UNDER the trailer.
The medical helicopter was there on the freeway along with several large wreckers and fire trucks. The tractor looked pretty flat. I don't know how someone could have made it.
So coming back North, I bypassed that wreck on US-41 to 52 and got back on I-75. Not much N bound traffic with it all backed up behind me.
Saw two more coming back though.
One involved a large load tinted glass sheets. The glass was all over the median, but the truck and tractor was upright.
The last one included a load of watermellons and a minivan. There were a couple hundred busted watermellons on the highway, but the minivan was bad. It looked like the potential for injuries was there.
I'm glad I got back allright.

Cuda
06-29-2005, 11:35 PM
My wreck Monday was on I 75 southbound at MM 295. At least I was considerate enough to turn over off the road. :)

Fish boy
06-30-2005, 05:35 PM
funny you should mention the wrecks. Coming home this evening heading to the interstate, there was a wreck on the road up ahead near the on ramp and trafic was backed up. I took a short cut through some back roads south to the next ramp, bam, there was another wreck near that onramp and traffic was backed up there too. WTF, I know this is a holiday weekend here in the US, but people are jumpin the gun a little on crackin up their cars IMHO.

yes Cuda, you are the most considerate truck flipper I have ever met :D

Cuda
07-01-2005, 08:06 PM
George, I saw the remnants of the mellon crash yesterday morning when I was headed to Brandon.

gcarter
07-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Yeah, did a number on a bunch of watermellons.
Also did a number on the minivan that hit the trailer. I'm pretty sure someone got hurt.