PDA

View Full Version : X22 Edition w/496 HO

JohnnyOffshore
06-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Can you give me all the info you can on the X22 Edition w/496 HO. Please give me both standards and options. Which Bravo drive comes with it? What prop and is it lab finished? Is a digital depth finder standard? Fire Extinguishing system standard? Are K Planes standard? Is mechanical trim indicator standard? Etc. I am interested in ordering the solid blue with 2 white strips from my near by dealer, but they are having trouble getting me what is standard and optional with the boat. Any and all info would be very helpful!

Thank you,

Johnny

ChromeGorilla
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
with 496HO the standard drive is Bravo X. Prop is a 25P Mirage Plus.

Johntrip
06-28-2005, 11:03 PM
You might wanna consider a dealer that knows their product a bit better. Not a good sign in my opinion.

Lenny
06-29-2005, 12:55 AM
The "X-22" is what this boat was... the ARONOW Edition...

This below is hull five, I believe to be the last... It is, what I think, what you are describing... :)

blueliner
06-29-2005, 02:46 AM
this is an aronow edition, and this is a one of a kind special order boat. i worked with the design team and designed this boat w/ the help of donzi. i made this boat for me, not for the masses, thats why it was custom. they (donzi) didn't have this (color scheme) as part of their original line up. here are some pics.

The "X-22" is what this boat was... the ARONOW Edition...

This is hull five, I believe to be the last... It is, what I think, what you are describing... :)

Sorry, the pics won't load. I have done this three times. I have done a thousand times in the past. They load, but there is NO link or small image on the post...

Sorry, leave it with me. :(

SMLDONZI
06-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Johnny, Try talking to Shoreline Marina at smith mountain lake, Va or Typhoon Performance Marine in Toms River, NJ

RedDog
06-29-2005, 07:19 AM
do a search on this forum - I think you will find the model has been discontinued.

As far as what is standard / optional on a 22 Classic - go to the Donzi web site - http://www.donzimarine.com

boxy
06-29-2005, 07:34 AM
do a search on this forum - I think you will find the model has been discontinued.

As far as what is standard / optional on a 22 Classic - go to the Donzi web site - http://www.donzimarine.com

I don't think the model has been discontinued, it just won't be called an Aronow Edition anymore, it appears it is now going to be called an X22.

Try doing a search on the "Aronow Edition", or give Frank at Typhoon a call at 732-477-6157.

RedDog
06-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I don't think the model has been discontinued, it just won't be called an Aronow Edition anymore, it appears it is now going to be called an X22.

Try doing a search on the "Aronow Edition", or give Frank at Typhoon a call at 732-477-6157.

I stand corrected - http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40147&page=1&pp=15&highlight=aronow+edition

RickSE
06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Ditto on what most are saying here. X22 should still be available.
Comes standard in a solid color with no stripes.
496HO comes w/B-1X
Standard 25P Mirage+, lab finish is an option.
Depth finder is an option.
Fire Extinguisher is an option.
K-Planes are an option; dual ram trim tabs are standard w/496HO.
Mechanical indicators are an option.

Other options include:
Dual batteries.
Quick & Quiet II or Plus.
Hour meter.
Internal Hyd. steering.
AM/FM/CD stereo w/4-speakers.

X22 was coming standard with:
Solid hull & deck color.
Color matched solid upholstery color.
Color matched painted aluminum fairing.
Color matched engine bay w/diamond plate.
Graphite faced monster gauges.
Pop-up cleats.
Stainless steel DONZI lettering.

Am I missing anything?

blueliner
06-29-2005, 11:35 AM
that pretty much covers everything rick. sounds like you have described my boat to a T. found the leak problem, the speedo hose was never capped. since a gps speedo, the hose was just squirting water. now it is dry as a bone. have 21 hours on her and having a great time. getting more and more use to the way she handles. staring to scare myself a little... the speed is addictive!!!!!!! i think i might have 2 eventually (few years down the road) get one off those arenson surface drives. look out!!!!!! talk 2 u soon. it would be great 2 see you and your family again. you are welcome up here anytime. vancouver poker run in augus. can't wait!!!!

RickSE
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Blue,
Hey that's great news about the leak. Sounds like you’re getting some good seat time in the boat. You know what you really need in that boat is a BLUE motor and not a black one. How about the first 22 with a HP525? One ride in mine and you'll be convinced. I'd really like to come back up with the family, maybe for a poker run or get-together next summer.

Again as Blueliner mentioned his boat was a custom order and I'm not sure how willing Donzi would be to build another one just like it.

I forgot about the GPS Speedo wasn't that also standard?

ChromeGorilla
06-29-2005, 05:17 PM
If I remember correctly Blueliner inquired about a 525 and Donzi wasn't hearing it...... :rolleyes:

RickSE
06-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Correct, Donzi won't put a HP525 in a 22, just suggesting he do it himself. From what I hear Merc. motors are cheaper up North then in the US. Something Lenny was telling me about Canadian subsidies Merc. uses up there to keep their components on top.

Tony
06-30-2005, 07:11 PM
blueliner, are you a hockey player?

Ed Donnelly
06-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Tony; I think he is in the movie business. A cameraman??? ..Ed

blueliner
07-01-2005, 04:22 AM
yes i am. i am actually american and live in vancouver. my wife is canadian and i am a cameraman in motion pictures. my last film is batman begins, which btw if you haven't seen it is fantastic. i started playing hockey 3 years ago (never ice skated before) and now i am addicted. i am a canucks season ticket holder and hope these nhl folks get their s*#t 2gether and get a deal done. if you are ever up here let me know, we will have 2 go to a game. i have great seats. oh yeah, we'll go 4 a ride in the boat as well.