PDA

View Full Version : Back on the road

Cuda
06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
I talked to my dealer again in Brandon this morning, and he said he located three of the kind I was looking for, but he hadn't called to see if he could get them. He'd call me back. He called back and said two were already sold, and he didn't think he could get the other one at the price I wanted. I figured what it was is he wanted to sell one of those 40 or so F250's they had in stock. I told Deb that I was going to take a ride right here to Deland Ford to see if they had one, but then I decided that they probably didn't. She said we should take a look anyway, so we went there. I told the guy what I was looking for, and he said "Sure, I have two of them". The first one I looked at was exactly what I wanted, and I told him if the numbers were right, I'd drive off with it today. He came back with $40,600, which was 2 to 4 thousand less than the used one's were going for! I told him to write it up, I'll take it. Two hours later I pulled out with my new truck. I love it, I can't believe how much more stuff is on it compared to my 2002 Lariat. This is the first truck that really blew my skirt up since I bought my first diesel dually back in 95. :biggrin:

Uncle Fester
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
How Are The Tires??????????

Johntrip
06-28-2005, 08:22 PM
good job Cuda... I did'nt realize how much the Fords have come down in price... Poodle ordered his awhile back I hope he did'nt pay to much more.

Cuda
06-28-2005, 08:24 PM
How Are The Tires??????????
They ain't Dunlops!

ChromeGorilla
06-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Wow! Debbie has a beautifull new truck! Where's the picture of your new one? Just kiddin. Congrats Joe! Glad the whole wreck/new truck thing ended up for the better. Great looking ride, even for a FORD. :wink:

BUIZILLA
06-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Cuda, tell me about the OTHER one he had in stock...

JH

Cuda
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM

JH
I never even looked at the second one, the first one was the one I wanted. I can call him tomorrow and find out.

sweet 16 1966
06-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Glad to see you are OK. That was some wreck! The new truck looks great!

Fish boy
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Dude, you suck! ;) :D Do you realize that your rolled truck is still way nicer than my truck? Now this? that's it, no more Mr. Nice Fish, I'm bringing Jagermeister to the next event, and your driving the porcelain buss home!!!!

JK man, awesoem ride!!! Glad you are ok too. :)

Cuda
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
If they total my other truck, and all indications are that they will, I'll actually end up in good shape financially. They have the value set at around $27.5, and I owe about $20 on it. I guess I bought it right. :)

boldts
06-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Joe, great lookin truck! Funny, I was at a Ford dealer tonight looking at trucks also. I couldn't believe all the different models Ford has for the offering. For anyone interested, Dick Massheter Ford here in Columbus, OH is taking 9 to 12,000 dollars off every truck in stock till the end of the month. I looked at a 40,000 Excursion that had 10,000 off. Also liked the F150 4 doors they had in stock, but they didn't have a white one. After all, if I buy white, it won't matter what color the new Donzi is when I'm ready to buy it.

They had a red and white Ford GT sitting in the showroom. Now that's a hotrod. Couldn't help but take a look at the Mustang GT with a price tag of 28,000. Hard to believe I could pick up a truck for less than a car in some cases. We'll see how the numbers crunch with my Tahoe as a trade in. Salesman owns a 23' Rinker. Amazing how he changed the numbers on my Tahoe when he saw the Donzi Classic Powerboats decal on the back window. :biggrin:

Lenny
06-29-2005, 01:07 AM
BOLDTS,... ") a LOADED EXCURSION (Diesel) here is 72$K if you are on the inside... :rolleyes: ... so say $58K US $ :eek:

Yes, that is a DEAL :eek:

Cuda
06-29-2005, 11:45 AM

JH
Buizilla, This is Debbie.
The other truck was a 06' but I had to go there this morning, Joe had me ask about one just like his, The general Manager told me he has access to one maybe two but if you are interested, The salesmans name is Kevin Lebeau,Cell #352-250-3926,theses are other numbers on his card #'s386-775-1000 800-367-3588. The general mangers name is Geoff Barnett he is the one I spoke to today. I think the one he is for sure about he said the color was shadow gray 05' F350 just like ours.

McGary911
06-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Nice truck Joe. Once again, glad you're ok, and glad you found a good deal on such a nice truck. Let's keep this one Shiny Side Up :boggled::boggled::boggled:

BUIZILLA
06-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanx Deb...

Jim

Chili 18
06-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Nice Truck!! Powerstrokes are sure fun. Amazing how that torque just doesent seem to end. And great on the hwy. I'm currently without diesel and am having withdraws. Have had the Cummins in a dodge. Powerstroke in a van, and TDI in a VW Jetta. Liked them all...

Enjoy!

boldts
06-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Lenny - It was an Expedition for 40,000 knocked down to 30,000 not the larger Excursion. Too much per month for me anyways unless my numbers come in tonight. :) Hadn't looked at Ford trucks in a while. I was impressed to say the least.

Cuda
06-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Wow! I put 451 miles on the truck today, and I just can't say how impressed I am with it. Rides like a Caddy, turns like a sportscar, and hauls weight like a dump truck. Pretty good combination. As close as I can figure, I'm getting about 2 mpg or more better than my 7.3. The faster I run, the more the difference in mpg is compared to the 7.3.